The town of Marion is making plans for its annual Christmas parade Dec. 3.
The theme is “The Most Wonderful Time of The Year”. It will go on, rain or shine.
Groups wishing to enter may fill out a registration form and mail it or it drop off at the Marion Town Hall by Nov. 30, 2009, to:
Town of Marion - 2009 Christmas Parade
ATTN: Angie Denney
P.O. Box 310
Marion, MS 39342
*For questions and more information Angie Denney at 601.917.4096.
Theme and Judging Criteria:
1. Floats and entries are encouraged to display a theme consistent with the theme of the parade, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”.
2. Entries will be judged based on most creativity and overall look. Judges decision is final. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place trophies awarded to float entries only.
Physical Requirements for Entries:
3. The Parade Committee recommends that your float be constructed of fire-resistant material as much as possible and should be motorized or pulled by a tractor or truck and adequate lighting used in order to create a
better overall effect.
4. There shall be no live fires on the floats or any other entry in the parade.
5. All entries shall display its organization's title on the front and sides of the entry.
6. Entries in the float category shall not exceed 14' in height from the ground.
7. Pick-up trucks may be used. It is requested that pick-up trucks be decorated as appropriately as possible. Standing in the bed or sitting on the sides is not allowed. All pick-up trucks must have adult supervision
8. Parade participants may not exit off or out of the vehicle until reaching the end of the designated parade route. Any infraction of this rule will result in disqualification for the next year’s parade.
9. No entrant shall encourage any parade viewer to gather around or follow the entry in any fashion that may cause harm to other parade viewers.
10. To complete registration (entry deadline is 5 p.m. on Nov. 30)
11. Parade Line-Up and Route:
Line-up will begin at 5:30 p.m. in Linmore East (enter into Linmore East from Decatur Street). Numbers will be assigned on a first come basis and given to you by a parade representative.
12. **From Linmore East sub-division, the parade route will turn left on Dale Drive and then right on Marion Drive and a final right on Ponta Street where Parade will end at Marion Town Hall from the side entrance off of Confederate Drive. Drivers of vehicles must not allow riders to leave the vehicle/floats until reaching Marion Town Hall.
For the safety of spectators and participants, PLEASE help us make sure
your groups understand the importance of these guidelines.
13. All students and parade participants are to be picked up after parade at the Marion Town Hall.
For more information, contact Angie Denney 601.917.4096 or email email@example.com.
You may copy and paste the registration form to submit.
Please Note: The deadline for returning this form is 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 30,
2009. No entries will be allowed after this deadline. You must fill out an application for each entry for the parade. NO ENTRY FEE required!
I. Name of Individual or Organization:
II. Sponsor Contact Name:
III. Mailing Address:
IV. Type of Entry:
Walking Unit (non-band) # of participants _____________ (**required)
Marching Band # of participants _____________ (**required)
Equestrian # of horses __________________ (**required)
*Note: Pooper scoopers are required with equestrian entries.
Vehicle only (cars, trucks, small tractors, etc.)
Length of vehicle (in feet) ____ (**required)
Float pulled by vehicle
Total length of vehicle + float (in feet) _ (**required)
V. Please specify if special considerations are needed for placing your entry in the line up. For
example, walking units with small children, etc. Please understand we may not be able to guarantee
your request per the Town of Marion.
Please read and sign below:
The undersigned, a representative for the above-designated parade entry, hereby releases and forever discharges the Town of Marion, Mississippi, its individual members, its officers, agents and employees of any and all known, foreseen and unforeseen, bodily and personal injuries, damages to property and the consequences thereof resulting from participation in the 2009
Christmas parade. Authorized Signature (required) ________________________________ Date________________
Updated: 04/29/2013 - Some local students will receive a college education thanks to a fundraiser banquet.
Posted: 04/14/2013 - Community support has helped a local organization celebrate a big anniversary.