WTOK Health Headlines
Rash of Child Sleeping Deaths Causes Concern
- State officials are concerned over the recent rash of child sleeping deaths in Mississippi.
Blue Bell Begins Trial Run
- Blue Bell Creameries has started ice cream production trial runs in Alabama, three months after a listeria scare halted all sales.
Sports Camp Conducted for Kids
- The town of Butler and Willow Trace Health and Rehab have teamed up for a week-long sports camp for young people.
West Nile Virus Case Confirmed in Mississippi
- The Mississippi Department of Health has confirmed the first case of West Nile virus for 2015.
What is a Heat Advisory?
- With Heat Advisories in effect for the twin states we take an in depth look on what a heat advisory is and what it means to you.
Free Clinic Releases Impact Report
- The Free Clinic of Meridian Monday released a report of how it has served people of the area since it opened six months ago.
Protecting Pets in the Summer Heat
- The summer months can be hard on humans but they can be extremely more difficult for our pets, that is why special care needs to be given to pets on hot summer days.
Supreme Court Upholds Tax Subsidies in Health Care Law
- Republican leaders in Mississippi are criticizing the Supreme Court's decision to let consumers continue receiving a subsidy that reduces out-of-pocket costs through the federal health insurance marketplace.
Making Mississippi Women Secure
- This statewide organization is promoting the economic well-being of women in Mississippi and their families.
The Heat is On!
- With summer upon us there are a few tips you should keep in mind during the extreme heat.
Blood Donations Encouraged during Summer Months
- During the summer months blood donations go down while the need for blood increases. That is why United Blood Services encourages blood donors to continue giving all year long.
First Case of Chikungunya Virus Reported in Mississippi
- State health officials are confirming its first case of chikungunya virus in a Mississippi resident who recently returned from Honduras.
Flesh Eating Bacteria: Things To Know
- During this time of year many people seek summer fun near the water. Those who do should know about a bacteria that can be found in both fresh and salt water.
VA to Host Statewide Town Hall Meeting
- The G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson will have a town hall meeting June 5 for veterans, family members and the public to share feedback on VA operations.
Handprints for Hope
- Anderson Regional Cancer Center is inviting cancer survivors to place their handprints on a canvas for “Handprints for Hope” to show support and hope for cancer survivors and fighters.
More WTOK Health Headlines