WTOK Healthwatch Headlines
Water Alert Lifted
- Russell Utilities in Lauderdale County has lifted its Boil Water Notice.
Colon Cancer Awareness Month: Colonoscopy
- A colonoscopy is a procedure that can be life saving and having one done can reduce your chance of being diagnosed colon cancer.
Colon Cancer Awareness Month: Advancements
- March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month and we take a look at the new, innovative advancements being made to help aid in fighting colon cancer and help those diagnosed with the disease live longer lives.
Anderson Hospital Clinics Closing
- Patients at several Anderson Hospital clinics learned this week that the clinics are closing in just a few weeks.
Russell Utilities Issues Boil Water Notice
- Russell Utilities has issued a Boil Water Notice for some of its customers.
Colon Cancer Awareness Month: Treatment
- We take a in-depth look at the individualized treatment given to those diagnosed with Colorectal Cancer, that has caused Anderson Regional Cancer Center to have survival rates of those diagnosed with Colon Cancer, above the national average.
Colon Cancer Awareness Month: Prevention
- March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month and over the next few weeks we will take a in-depth look at the disease.
Boil Water Notice Issued
- The Rose Hill Water Association has issued a Boil Water Notice for some of its customers Monday.
Mississippi Considers Mandate on Cancer Drug Coverage
- Health insurers would be banned from making patients pay higher out-of-pocket costs for oral medication taken at home than for chemotherapy taken in a health care facility, under a bill moving through the Mississippi Legislature.
First Pediatric Flu Death of the Season
- The Mississippi State Department of Health has confirmed the first pediatric influenza death for the 2014-2015 flu season.
Open Meetings Act Change Would Only Apply to One Hospital
- Only one publicly owned hospital in Mississippi would be required to abide by the state open-meetings and public-records laws, under a watered-down version of a bill being considered in the legislature.
Ribbon Cutting Held for Choctaw Health Center
- The Choctaw Health Center held its official ribbon cutting today on the Choctaw Reservation after 18 months of construction, the facility will become fully operational on March 9, 2015.
Labor Department Touts High-Demand Careers
- The Alabama Department of Labor has compiled a list of high-demand occupations that it says do not require a 4-year college degree.
GMHC Offers Help for Open Enrollment
- Greater Meridian Health Clinic is hosting a session to assist people who want to buy health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
Autism Insurance Proposals Advancing in Legislature
- Mississippi lawmakers are pushing bills that would require insurance companies to offer autism coverage on health plans sold in the state.
More WTOK Healthwatch Headlines