WIN Transition Center is now sponsoring a series of free workshops for job seekers. The sessions provide tips on how to find a job.
"If they follow what they learn in the seminars, I would say it increases their chances of getting a job by 10 to 20 percent. We have placed about 100 to 110 people in jobs in surrounding counties. The jobs are out there. The mass hiring is not, but there are jobs in ones and twos and they'll have to look for these jobs," said Dick Younger, Assistant Manager.
Here's the schedule for upcoming seminars:
- Sept. 26 – "Developing Career Goals" - 1 p.m.
- Oct. 16 - "Shopping Smart" - 10 a.m.
- Oct. 22 - "Dealing with Stress" - 10 a.m.
- Oct. 22 - "Business Startup" - 1 p.m.
- Oct. 23 - "Building Confidence" - 10 a.m.
For more information call (601) 776-2890