A house fire around 3:00 a.m. Saturday in Meridian virtually destroyed the structure and its contents.
The fire happened at 2415 Highway 45 north. It's being blamed on a faulty space heater in the living room.
The occupant, Moody Phillips, had no renter's insurance. Phillips was able to escape with his two grandsons, who were asleep in the home.
"I just thank the Lord I got out safe and am living," said resident Moody Phillips.
If you would like to help, you may contact Phillips at 601-483-5067.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.