Ross Haney was pulled to safety from his house at 864 County Road 140 in Clarke County on Monday morning.
He was saved by his son, who was driving by and noticed the fire.
"And he had suffered from smoke inhalation and he had to break in the back window here and drag him out through the window and resuscitate him," said Danny Tanner, a relative. "Fortunately, he got him back breathing again until the rescue unit got here and got him to Meridian."
Haney was asleep at the time of the fire. No one else was at home.
Investigators say it appears the fire started from an air conditioning unit in a front room.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.