FEMA Message to Displaced Residents

The Federal Emergency Management Agency released the following statement on Oct. 6, 2005.

If you have been displaced from your home because of Hurricane Katrina and applied with FEMA, you should have already received housing assistance either in your bank account or in the mail.

The money is to pay rent for temporary housing such as an apartment or home, or if need be, a hotel.

The money should last three months and can be adjusted based upon your location. Be sure to save your receipts.

For more information, visit www.fema.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA.