After being missing for more than 36 hours, a Meridian man is safe and resting at a local hospital.
Friends and family did not give up the search for Walter Littleton. He was found safe Friday morning.
"This morning around 9:30, a neighbor found him alive and well in the woods behind his house. He was transported to a local hospital for observation," said Lt. Dean Harper.
The 68-year-old Littleton had last been seen Wednesday at his home in north Meridian. By Thurdsay evening, a missing person's report had been filed and police and local media were involved.
Littleton was found in a wooded area near his house. Police were unable to comment on what happened, however officers on the scene said Littleton appeared unharmed. He was conscious when he was taken away by an ambulance. Foul play is not suspected.
Littleton is listed in stable condition Friday and was expected to be held overnight for observation.
Newscenter 11 was not able to speak with Littleton's family. Friends said they were understandably in shock and just thankful that he was safe.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.