Insurance Commissioner George Dale said two house fires in Mississippi that left six people dead have been attributed to appliances being used for heating purposes.
On Jan. 17, cousins Charles "C-J" Brown, Jr., and Izzabella Sievers, both three, and 18-year-old Angel Love McGriggs died of smoke inhalation.
McGriggs was babysitting the two younger cousins when their mobile home near Utica ignited. The fire in Hinds County is believed to have started from a stove used to heat the home.
On Jan. 18, 47-year-old Leigh Ann Fortenberry, her eleven-year-old daughter, Kayleigh Fortenberry and her three-year-old grandson, Ethan Moore, were killed in a mobile home blaze in Neshoba County.
After an initial investigation, authorities say they think the Neshoba County fire originated near a propane heater in the living room of the doublewide mobile home.
Dale says both fires are classified as accidental, with the cause of deaths for the six victims being smoke inhalation.
Two other deadly fires in Webster and Jones counties are still under investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.