Cause Determined in Monday Night Fire

Investigators say an electrical problem led to a fire earlier this week in Meridian that took the life of a local resident.

Meridian fire marshal, Jason Collier, says a faulty electrical panel was the cause of a Monday night fire in the 300 block of 24th Street.

Officials say 84-year old Johnnie Lee Johnson died of smoke inhalation.


WTOK-TV 815 23rd Ave Meridian, Ms. 39301 Phone: (601) 693-1441
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 231219931