Fire Claims Life

An elderly resident of Choctaw County, Ala., died Feb. 21 due to a fire at his home.

Johnny Lee Blanks, 80, was home alone, according to authorities.

It appears a portable electric heater was placed too close to the curtains in a rear bedroom and caught fire.

There were no smoke detectors in the house.


WTOK-TV 815 23rd Ave Meridian, Ms. 39301 Phone: (601) 693-1441
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 232951 - wtok.com/a?a=232951