An elderly resident of Choctaw County, Ala., died Feb. 21 due to a fire at his home.
Johnny Lee Blanks, 80, was home alone, according to authorities.
It appears a portable electric heater was placed too close to the curtains in a rear bedroom and caught fire.
There were no smoke detectors in the house.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.