Lauderdale County volunteer firefighters responded to a fire just 10 a.m. Monday. The fire happened at a mobile home on Northeast Cole Road in the Lauderdale community.
Officials say the cause of the fire was a space heater placed too close to the bed and it ignited the bedding.
However, the resident woke up in time, smelled the smoke and was able to get out safely.
The Lauderdale, Northeast and Toomsuba volunteer fire departments responded.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.