Bizarre Incident Temporarily Closes Store

Marion, Miss.

A man who authorities say sprayed deer urine inside the Dollar General store in Marion has been been charged.

Officials say the incident late Wednesday afternoon may have started as a joke. But the store had to be evacuated and then closed for the day.

Deer urine has an offensive odor, causes burning of the eyes and throat and can make people sick. However, Marion Fire Chief Scott Stokes says the substance causes no permanent damage.

The name of the man charged was not immediately released by police. Newscenter 11 left messages for Marion police that were not returned Thursday.