Investigators say an electrical problem led to a fire earlier this week in Meridian that took the life of a local resident.
Meridian fire marshal, Jason Collier, says a faulty electrical panel was the cause of a Monday night fire in the 300 block of 24th Street.
Officials say 84-year old Johnnie Lee Johnson died of smoke inhalation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.