East Central Community College will conduct public forums at various locations during January to get input on how it can better serve its five-county district.
College president Dr. Billy W. Stewart said information received from the forums will be used to assist ECCC in its strategic planning process, 20/20 Vision.
"We all know East Central has affected the lives of countless individuals who would otherwise not have had the opportunity to achieve their educational goals," said Stewart."However, while we celebrate our storied past, we must also plan for a bright future."
Stewart said so far this process has included a review of the college’s "mission and core values in order to solidify institutional commitments necessary to achieve our vision."
Public forums are scheduled from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in each of the five district counties:
· Tuesday, Jan. 15 – Newton Depot, Newton
· Wednesday, Jan. 16 – Lake Tiak O’Khata (Flamingo Room), Louisville
· Wednesday, Jan. 23 – Scott County Courthouse, Forest
· Monday, Jan. 28 – Philadelphia Depot, Philadelphia
· Tuesday, Jan. 29 – Carthage Chamber of Commerce, Carthage
Stewart said local civic and economic development leaders will provide assistance at each forum, which will also be attended by several ECCC administrators and staff members.