The James O. Eastland Federal Building in downtown Jackson may be converted into apartments and commercial space.
The Clarion-Ledger reports that developers say the project would cost $20 million.
The 115,000-square-foot space has sat vacant since Aug. 1, 2011, following the opening of the new federal courthouse.
Built in 1934 by the Jackson-based architectural firm Hull and Malvaney, the courthouse replaced an earlier one built on the same property. The building also housed a post office until the post office relocated in 1988.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.