Man Accused of Shooting Son with BB Gun

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

Sgt. John Barker of the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office says an official at Lakeview Elementary School contacted authorities after the boy contacted authorities last week.

Barker says the child had several marks on his buttocks and upper thighs, and some of the BBs had broken his skin.

Sheriff Ted Sexton arrested 28-year-old Lewis Terrence Brown, Jr., Wednesday and charged him with torture and willful abuse of a child. He was released from the Tuscaloosa County Jail on $15,000 bail.

• by WTF Location: Collinsville on Nov 1, 2010 at 08:51 AM
    This is terrible. What kind of "father" would do that to his child! - What if the child grew up thinking that he can "shoot" his enemies to punish them! I think the best punishment for this man is to never know the love of his child - to know what its like for his child to hate him for his abuse! He doesn't deserve to have kids. Sorry SOB!
  • by M Location: Meridian on Nov 1, 2010 at 06:36 AM
    Ok, first of all, running over someone with a car? Really? Is this what you call justice? Maybe taking him out and shooting him with the BB gun in the buttocks would be fair. However, I don't think that what the father did was right. I do think that was abusive. Spanking him, grounding him, revoking priviledges, etc... are more reasonable consequences. Maybe if he had chosen one of those to begin with, he wouldn't have gotten to the point of abuse. I do agree with the fact that our society has got to start holding our children accountable for their actions. I think we are really starting to see the negative outcome of no doing so.
  • by Peabody Location: Zero on Oct 31, 2010 at 12:27 AM
    Please don't rip me to hard on this BUT. Had the kid already shot someone or a pet dog or such and he was trying to teach a lesson as to the pain it caused? Wrong,without a doubt but we have to get these kids under control. I grew up in fear of doing wrong because I would get a belt on my backside. Did I grow up in fear of my parents ? No. I grew up in fear of doing wrong because I knew it would cost me pain. Call me STUPID but a belt at fifty years old from my MAMA scares me more than a jail sentence.
  • by bubba on Oct 29, 2010 at 05:27 PM
    that is a sick SOB
  • by little woman Location: meridian on Oct 29, 2010 at 01:14 PM
    What happened to the belief that parents are suppose to love and protect their children and raise them up to be caring, productive citizens. This child should be taken away from him, anyway, where is the mother?
  • by mimi Location: county on Oct 29, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    God bless and protect our children! What is wrong with these people??
  • by Lisa Location: Meridian on Oct 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    This man should have someone shoot him in the butt with a BB gun now, everyday for a year or two! This is so awful for this little 8 year old boy. Some people should not be allowed to have children!
  • by Anonymous on Oct 29, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    should shove a gun up his ____ and pull the trigger
  • by Anonymous Location: Meridian on Oct 29, 2010 at 09:21 AM
    Why in the world would our justice system let this father back out on the street. Someone should run him over with a car!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106303199 - wtok.com/a?a=106303199