Barbour for VP?

By: Nick Adam Email
By: Nick Adam Email

Governor Haley Barbour says he expects to return to the private sector following the end of his two terms in the state's highest office.

Barbour spent time in Meridian this week, and he was asked about the chances of being picked as a candidate for Vice President once a republican nominee is selected.

Barbour says that because of Mississippi's voting tendencies, he would be shocked if he were picked as a running mate next year.

"I can't imagine anyone wanting the pick the Governor of Mississippi for his running mate," says Barbour.

"I mean if a republican candidate can't carry Mississippi he can't carry five states, so why would they pick me so I think that is very unlikely. "

Barbour says he will work to help out the future republican nominee in any way he can.

• by james Location: tishomingo on Dec 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    according to my demption; barbour has been the best govenor ever! I trust him with purview of any office, or anything. I wish he could be cloned 1000 times, and be all-sent to d.c. that would stop-the-crap!!!
  • by Anonymous on Nov 16, 2011 at 06:52 PM
    He's as good as any other VP possibility out there & whomever it is in 2012, we need to get the bum out. ABO 2012.
  • by Chuckles Location: Lauderdale County on Nov 15, 2011 at 05:15 PM
    He couldn't be any worse than Joe "Bite me" Biden!! LOL
  • by Thankful Location: Meridian on Nov 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    Amen LuLu!!!!
  • by Lulu Location: hiladelphia on Nov 13, 2011 at 02:40 PM
    Please lets not let that happen. He is out of office lets keep it that way.
  • by veteran Location: lauderdale county on Nov 13, 2011 at 07:23 AM
    The only way I would vote for our current govenor to be the VP on the GOP ticket, is if they win whoever is the Prez steps down the same day. The people we have to choose from for the Prez for the GOP are at best the best thing Obama has going for him to win re-election. What a bunch of loosers. I think our Govenor would be wise to not associate himself with any of these people.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM
    YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW!!!!!!!!
  • by Why not ? Location: Clarke county on Nov 12, 2011 at 09:00 PM
    Maybe the Republican nominee for President would not pick a former Governor of The Great State of Mississippi ! But before being the Governor of The Great State of Mississippi , he was a powerful lobbyest , so that would be his ticket to be picked for VP ! America be warned !
      by Charles Foster Offdensen on Nov 14, 2011 at 11:12 PM in reply to Why not ?
      WAS a powerful lobbyist? Hes kept cigarette taxes amongst the lowest in the nation so ALL of our teens can afford them. I would say that hes still a very powerful lobbyist.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 133749753 - wtok.com/a?a=133749753