Hitt Running for State House

Craig Hitt, who has been elected to three terms, will run this year for the state House of Representatives.

The Republican made his plans official Thursday afternoon.

Hitt is running in District 84, the seat being vacated by Tad Campbell, who is not seeking re-election.

"Serving as a supervisor here in Lauderdale County, I've had the opportunity to work with a lot of county officials throughout this area, municipal officials in this area and even folks on the state level. So I feel like I've built some relationships that will be good for this community and this area, and as I continue on with District 84 and working for the people statewide."

Hitt says his business background would be an asset in the state legislature.

Hitt will face opposition in the primary. William Shirley of Clarke County is also running.

William Lee of Quitman, a Democrat, is also seeking the office.

• by Good luck to Hitt Location: county on Jan 19, 2011 at 04:31 PM
    For bubba: for everyone you replace you will get 10 just like them! Hitt was the best apple in that spoiled barrel. Boswell should have been gone long ago. Maybe the barrel wouldn't be so spoiled by now. He's polluted the board, the county & the state. Remove him & you have a chance of getting something done in this county. Good luck to Hitt in his new political adventure & only time will tell.
  • by bubba Location: in the woods on Jan 18, 2011 at 07:58 PM
    You could take Hitt and vote him in office and still end up with nothing but a person that only cares about THEM and what they can get from the posistion they are in. Hit gives _____ about this county unless it is something that he can control or make money off. Vote every one of the out of office and get new blood in all places. I think I will put my name in against Hodges. He should be the first to go before Ray goes out. SAD SAD SAD
  • by jmo Location: here on Jan 18, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    For [to jmo Location: scratching my head]. If you will read the context of the comment it's about how Hitt's district kept voting him in, him getting frustrated with his colleagues, & comments to prior posters. That's all period! I don't HATE Ray Boswell or anybody. I hate his actions & the way he treats people & keeps the county from growing. I hate the fact that Hitt & other supervisors tried to get the board going forward, but it was like trying to pull a locomotive with a mule. Boswell just won't budge on some issues, but taxes the county with his "pet projects" for his district. Hitt can & will stand on his own merit, he has all his life. You read so much more into the first post than was intentionally meant. It was just my opinion. Just as your post is your OPINION.
  • by to jmo Location: scratching my head on Jan 18, 2011 at 09:24 AM
    Please tell me how an article on Craig Hitt running for House turned into yet another boring rant on how much you hate Ray Boswell. Hitts merits or lack of stand on their own. There are plenty of articles on Ray where you can take your soapbox rant.
  • by jmo Location: here on Jan 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    We all know how Boswell keeps getting elected. You ask why did Hitt keep getting elected? Well, it couldn't be by illegal means, that's the Boswell way. So, I guess the people wanted him enough to re-elect him. I agree Voter. Methinks, he's tired of butting his head against the [bull-headed-Boswell-way-or-no-way] wall is why he's moving on to other political pastures. [D3 Voter] I think you will get this kind of behavior no matter who you get in ANY district because you have Boswell, king of buffons, throwing tantrums & playing games. He plays dirty & uses threatening tactics. He's a menace to the citizens of Lauderdale County & it would be a great day when somebody defeats him politically. He IS the schoolyard bully. Boswell alone is the reason business aren't attracted to this county. He's not only a loose canon, but a small, angry bull in a tiny, but expensive china shop. His supporters are all waving the red flags thinking he's doing the RIGHT thing---dream on! Kudos TW.
  • by Laura Location: Meridian on Jan 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    I agree with DISTRICT 3 VOTER. Even though I don't live in the county any more, Craig's attitude through the televising of the supervisors' meetings comes through blatantly. He is past arrogant----he is into obnoxious big time. And to vote for him to send him up to the next level of state government? I don't think so. And beside being arrogant, he is not the brightest bulb in the fixture----
  • by District 3 Voter Location: Collinsville on Jan 14, 2011 at 01:04 PM
    Hitt was probably one of the more sane supervisors. Having stated that, he will not win a prize for being studious. I voted for him on two seperate occasions for supervisor due to not having a better choice in my district. Beginning with the Loblolly fiasco, Craig took on an arrogant unapproachable attitude that has not gone unnoticed by myself, and from the look of these posts, everyone else. The last type of person in my opinion that we need representing us is Craig Hitt.
  • by Another Voter on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    TW, Oh, I suspect he's taking something alright, but I don't think it's a leap. imho
  • by Voter on Jan 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    Mr. Hitt needs to realize that voters have noticed the past years in the "company he has kept" with the joke of the Lauderdale County Board of Supervisiors. He has served as president and if he cannot control them how can he will he handle the House? This "zoo" continues to make Lauderdale county a mockery. It envolves all members that continue to let it evolve. This includes Mr. Hitt because he is in the presence of madness.
  • by Jody Location: Meridian on Jan 14, 2011 at 09:20 AM
    Got to wonder how he kept got re-elected. Probably because everyone complaining on here didn't even vote. Apparently he got the majority of the votes. Idiots.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113497304 - wtok.com/a?a=113497304