Phyliss Anderson Releases Statement on Tribal Chief Decision

By: Nick Adam Email
By: Nick Adam Email

“The decision made by select council members and Miko Beasley Denson today is disappointing. This is simply an attempt to steal our election. The Choctaw voters elected a new Chief to lead our tribe and clean up the financial mess. The “Atlanta group” that has controlled our money, are trying to take our vote away.

Initially, the Tribal Election Commission reviewed two complaints submitted by tribal members and decided they were without merit. The Election commissioners certified both the June 14th and July 5th elections. The tribal members appealed the decision of the Election Commission before full council. The Tribal Council held a hearing and voted against the Election Commission’s ruling. The vote was tied 8 to 8 and Miko Beasley Denson broke the crucial tie overturning the entire Tribal Chief Election.

Our people clearly stated they are ready for change and a new direction and if required, I am confident our tribal members will rise again and let their voices be heard at the polls. It’s time to move past these elections and get our government back on track. We are not going to let them steal our vote!”

To learn more about the Phyliss J. Anderson for Tribal Chief, or to get information visit www.im4newleadership.com or call (601) 900‐2025.

• by one fine chata Location: everywhere on Aug 1, 2011 at 09:17 AM
    We need Tanya tullos out Wilma simpson out especially so called coach Tullos nobody wants you ____ you beasley supporters need to go elsewhere your services are no o longer needed
  • by chatasia Location: decatur on Jul 21, 2011 at 09:12 AM
    Beasley has been embarrassment to the tribe, He should look at himself and his family before he make a comment about people, He told this lady he wants two votes from her because she was over weight and there is two person in one body, or another lady said he told her to " the way your size is you can drink six pak in one gulp" hey Beasley, your wife is not skinny either....And that one remark you made about only choctaws will be attending the new school, no whites or black, did you for get you have black grand-children or are you ashamed of them? ...Anyways you are the weakest link, goodbye..............
  • by No Horse in this Race Location: carthage on Jul 17, 2011 at 05:50 AM
    Mr. Denson has taken the tribe backwards in his first term, thats fact. He has been removed from the Casinos for having to much to drink, fact (_____). I know Phyllis personally and she is beyond reproach...She is hard working, intelligent, and with character. She and her sisters had nothing coming up and all worked to make better lives for their families. Support Phyllis Choctaw tribe and you will come back stronger...
      by Anonymous on Jul 19, 2011 at 06:06 AM in reply to No Horse in this Race
      i heard from my mother that they used to be bullies back in the day. and from i know bullies will always be bullies. i used to hear stories that their mom used to be paid to gossip about someone. i wonder if those character were passed on.
  • by Anonymous Location: choctaw on Jul 13, 2011 at 08:27 AM
    WHAT IS ORDIANCE 6???
  • by WITNESS CORRUPTION Location: NESHOBA on Jul 12, 2011 at 08:49 PM
    Its sickening the lengths that Beasley will go to in order to stay in power. Gas cards, tvs, cash, paying campaign workers, free hotel stays at the casino, money to gamble, free beer so on and so on. Some of our people have no respect, pride or integrity. Drunk Chatas all over the casino at the concerts falling down drunk vomiting on floors. All thanks to Miko. Whatever happened to perseverance of our tribe? Its a shame. Every dog has his day, and some have two. I guess Beasly will get what he has coming in the end.
      by Anonymous on Jul 19, 2011 at 06:04 AM in reply to WITNESS CORRUPTION
      see what you get when you accept gifts for votes. this also goes with the council. im really ashamed of my own people for acting this stupid and ignorant.
  • by Majority Rules Location: USA on Jul 12, 2011 at 02:21 PM
    You lost, Beasley! Do the best thing you've done in four years and step down! You are an embarassment to your people. Now they can see you for who you are...a loser who is only out for himself.
  • by April on Jul 12, 2011 at 02:18 PM
    Keep running your campaign clean Phyliss! I want to bash Beasley, but know you wouldn't approve. You want a clean campaign based on merit and respect to each member of your tribe, even if it includes his paid followers. Be smart Choctaw Tribe! Let him pay you and then vote for Phyliss. Even if he tries to convince you that he knows how you cast your vote, that is just another lie. When I visited your tribe during the elections, it was clear who was running a clean campaign and who wasnt. Phyliss was there for her people. She cares about the tribal issues and making things better and FAIR for all tribal members. I was so proud of her. That is a true leader. Good luck Phyliss! Gather those votes and really kick his butt this time!!!!!
  • by For New Leadership Location: Conehatta on Jul 12, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    I am changing my vote for a NEW LEADERSHIP, therefore I will stand and say I am voting for Phyliss J. Anderson for Chief! Beasley you have corrupted our tribe. We should be standing as a FAMILY, but you only have "selected few." You promised this certain position for me, yet I have not seen it because you didn't win this round. So I am turning my back and am for Phyliss J. Anderson.
      by Anonymous on Jul 12, 2011 at 02:48 PM in reply to For New Leadership
      ur not the only one, i've heard several people mention jobs they were promised, yet none have gotten their jobs yet
  • by skip mitchell Location: choctaw on Jul 12, 2011 at 07:34 AM
    I can't believe all the mess this is costing the tribe, just for an election. This is getting rediculous even for me. I agree with a lot of the comments made here and after all of this being said, this election is going on with a lot of controversy. For one thing, for beasley to claim to be a leader being all about chahta first, he sure has a lot of white friends in different places. And also he is wasting even more of the tribes money just to have another election held. And I know it costs a lot just for one election when that money could be used to improve services for the tribal people. Phyliss, in my own opinion, has been honest and straightforward with everything she has said and I could relate. Beasley is talking only about opening more casinos like the one in bok homa to make more money but casinos are not the only way to make the tribe money: as far as I know I heard on the news about the economy still being in a slump and I know that during these times, building a casino is not a guaranteed business venture. He knows since its not money coming out of his own pocket to build these casinos he isn't afraid to do so. If this keeps up the tribe will go broke and we won't have any money left for anything and then the word sovreignty won't apply to us anymore. And just cause of the bad relationships with outside governments they won't even try to help us in any way. People I ask you make the right decision and elect a new leader. If not for yourself, then do it for the tribal elders and the tribal children, cause us as adults, once we leave this earth we should want to leave a tribe so strong and rich in economy that our children can have a sense of security and properity for many futures to come.
  • by Anonymous Location: philadelphia on Jul 11, 2011 at 07:44 PM
    look under ordinance 6 the tribal election laws
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 125245919 - wtok.com/a?a=125245919