Good Morning Meridian
Officials Say State Has Workforce Pool
- Mississippi officials say there is an available workforce ready and willing to get down to business in the state.
Kemper Co. Contraband Arrests
- Two men, who are accused of attempting to smuggle contraband into the Kemper County jail, were taken into custody Tuesday night in DeKalb.
Warning about 'IRS' Scam
- Tax season is over, but that's not stopping scam artists. In fact, some are now posing as officials from the IRS and threatening taxpayers.
Sumter Co. Burglary Arrest Latest
- Bond has been set for a suspect in multiple burglaries in Sumter County, Alabama.
Computer Virus Scam Alert
- Residents are being warned about a computer scam that's affecting households across the country.
New 3rd Grade Reading Law
- As local schools wrap up the first nine weeks, parents in Mississippi are being reminded about a new law that's affecting some elementary students.
Teachers of the Month Honored
- Today was definitely not an ordinary day on the job for two teachers in Meridian. That's because they both received quite a surprise.
Sumter Co. Burglary Arrest
- A West Alabama teenager is facing charges for committing multiple burglaries over a five month period.
Meridian City Council Work Session
- The Meridian City Council met for a work session Tuesday morning. During it, council members were brought up to speed about the latest concerning a multi-million dollar sportsplex for a local park. Special requests were also made to city officials to do more to help the homeless.
New Youth Initiative:City of Meridian
- The city of Meridian is launching a new initiative to reach youth at a very early age.
More Good Morning Meridian