Good Morning Meridian
Public Transportation Restored in Meridian
Updated: 7:19 PM
- After being shut down for three years, public transportation in Meridian resumed Monday morning.
Martin VFD Fundraiser
- Community support is being sought for a fundraiser this weekend for the Martin Volunteer Fire Department in Lauderdale County.
Don't Drink and Drive Video: Livingston Release
- The Fire and Rescue Unit for the City of Livingston is teaming up with a sorority from the University of West Alabama for a video that encourages people not to drink and drive.
Free Childcare Provider Workshop To Be Held
- A free "One-Stop Shop" Resource Workshop will be held for childcare providers Saturday in Meridian.
Livingston Community Shelter
- Work is underway on a project in Livingston, Alabama that's designed to save lives.
Lauderdale County Schools: State Testing
- This year marks a first for the Lauderdale County School District. This is the first year that the district has ever conducted all state testing for students on-line.
Countywide Crackdown on Crime
- Authorities in Wayne County are asking for the public's help in finding a fugitive who they consider to be armed and dangerous. This is part of a countywide crackdown on crime.
Testing Starts: Mississippi Schools
- State testing has started for students in Mississippi, and this year there are some things that are different.
MCCSA Fund-Raising Success
- Officials from Multi-County Community Service Agency are announcing the largest amount ever raised for MCCSA's most recent 'Dancing Like the Stars' fundraiser.
- Two people died in a house fire early Thursday morning in Winston County.
More Good Morning Meridian