Good Morning Meridian
Randle Jennings: City of Meridian Repayment Plan Latest
- At least one Meridian City Councilman is calling for tougher action to be taken to collect thousands of dollars that a local civil rights leader owes the city.
City of Meridian: Audit Results
- "A good financial year,' is how an auditor describes the most recent audit of the City of Meridian.
Mississippi Education Debate
- It's been just over a week since the Mississippi Legislature wrapped up work for this year's legislative session, and two local lawmakers are not seeing eye-to-eye on some issues involving education.
Missing Child Has Been Found
- UPDATE: Meridian police say 12-year-old Zoie Allen has been found safe and unharmed.
Child Struck By Vehicle
- An 8-year-old boy was struck by a vehicle around 7:10 Wednesday morning near an elementary school in Meridian.
Miss. Education Cheating Law
- A new piece of legislation is poised to become law in Mississippi which could send public school teachers and principals to prison for cheating on state testing. Senate Bill 2258 is expected to be signed into law later this month by the governor.
Public Transportation Expansion Plans
- Plans are in the works to expand public transportation into more parts of East Mississippi.
Triple Fatal Accident
- A mother and her two 9-year-old children from Philadelphia were killed in a car crash Sunday night in Leake County. It happened around 7:20 on Highway 500 near Carthage. Four other children, who ranged in age from 3 to 9, were injured in the one-vehicle wreck.
UWA Inauguration Day: New President
- An inauguration ceremony was held this afternoon for the University of West Alabama's new president. Dr. Ken Tucker says his plans are to develop UWA into an even bigger and better university.
Tax Phone Scam
- Scam artists are taking advantage of tax season, using the name of the Internal Revenue Service to scare people. The Better Business Bureau has advice to avoid being scammed.
More Good Morning Meridian