Good Morning Meridian
Mississippi Lawmakers Approved Urban Blight Measure
- Local leaders are expressing optimism about new legislation which could help address the problem of urban blight throughout Mississippi.
Free Prostate Cancer Screenings
- A plea is being made to local men which could save their lives. Free prostate cancer screenings are being offered Saturday in Livingston.
Road Improvement Funding
- The program that's designed to maintain roads and bridges in Mississippi is poised to receive its largest funding increase in the last twenty years.
Church Burglary Arrests
- Two people are being charged with burglarizing a church in Kemper County.
Amtrak Expanded Service?
- Efforts are being made to enhance passenger rail service in Meridian.
Miss. Gun and Public Safety Laws
- This year's legislative session in Mississippi has come to an end, but not without a minor adjustment to the state's gun law.
Storm Damage Delays School in Union
- The start of classes was delayed Monday in the town of Union due to overnight storm damage.
Air Guard Base Latest
- Progress is being made in an effort to fully re-establish the air refueling mission at Meridian's Air National Guard base.
Kemper Man Charged with Aggravated Assault
- A Kemper County woman remains hospitalized after being shot by her father-in-law.
Stabbing Arrest Latest
- A Kemper County woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend is back at home after bonding out of jail.
More Good Morning Meridian