Good Morning Meridian
African-American District Developments
- Plans are being made to improve Meridian's historic African-American Business District.
COFO Building Demolition: Reaction Varies
- Cleanup efforts got underway in earnest Monday at the site of what was one of Meridian's most historic buildings. Meanwhile, reaction about the demolition of the COFO building varies.
Mississippi Lawmakers Approved Urban Blight Measure
- Local leaders are expressing optimism about new legislation which could help address the problem of urban blight throughout Mississippi.
Free Prostate Cancer Screenings
- A plea is being made to local men which could save their lives. Free prostate cancer screenings are being offered Saturday in Livingston.
Road Improvement Funding
- The program that's designed to maintain roads and bridges in Mississippi is poised to receive its largest funding increase in the last twenty years.
Church Burglary Arrests
- Two people are being charged with burglarizing a church in Kemper County.
Amtrak Expanded Service?
- Efforts are being made to enhance passenger rail service in Meridian.
Miss. Gun and Public Safety Laws
- This year's legislative session in Mississippi has come to an end, but not without a minor adjustment to the state's gun law.
Storm Damage Delays School in Union
- The start of classes was delayed Monday in the town of Union due to overnight storm damage.
Air Guard Base Latest
- Progress is being made in an effort to fully re-establish the air refueling mission at Meridian's Air National Guard base.
More Good Morning Meridian