Good Morning Meridian
Family Fire Victims Look To the Future
7 mins ago
- Two days after a fire destroyed a home where a family of 11 lived in Toomsuba, the homeowners say they're just taking things one-day-at-a-time. Newscenter 11 interviewed the couple Tuesday morning.
Demopolis Hit & Run Search for the Driver
- Police in Demopolis are asking for the public's help in tracking down a driver, who's accused of killing a pedestrian in a weekend hit and run case.
House Fire Leaves Family of 11 Homeless
- Family members and friends say that it will be a long road to recovery for a family of eleven who lost its home to fire Sunday night in Toomsuba.
Empty Bowls, Empty Hearts Fundraiser Announced
- A group of students in Meridian is taking on a project that's designed to help people, not only during the holidays, but also throughout the rest of the year.
Holiday Reading: Important for Students
- Parents are being reminded to keep the learning process going for their children during the holiday season.
Sumter Co. Boys & Girls Club Fundraiser
- Efforts are underway to raise money to open a Boys & Girls Club in Sumter County, Alabama
Holiday Safety Tips
- During the busy holiday shopping season there's often a spike in crimes in most areas. With this in mind, local law enforcement officials are reminding the public how to stay safe.
Armed Robbery Suspect Search Continues
- The search continues for a suspect who recently robbed a Toomsuba convenience store at gunpoint.
Crime Spree Suspect: More Charges Filed
- More charges have been filed against an East Mississippi man, who's accused of recently going on a crime spree in six counties.
Newton Students To Be Given Kindle Fires
- When some students within the Newton Municipal School District return from Thanksgiving Break they will be given an additional tool to help with reading.
More Good Morning Meridian