Good Morning Meridian
Neshoba County Fair: Meridian Day Activities
- Today was Meridian Day at the Neshoba County Fair, and many city and Lauderdale County leaders headed north for the activities.
Pavement Program Proposed: City of Meridian
- A proposal is being made to the Meridian City Council for a $7.5 million paving program to improve streets.
Proposed Pay Raises Latest: City of Meridian
- Mayor Percy Bland is meeting with officials from MSU Meridian today to discuss a study about a proposed pay raise for full-time employees for the City of Meridian.
Choctaw County, Alabama Protest: State Response
- As a group of concerned citizens continue to protest the recent firing of an employee from the Choctaw County, Alabama courthouse, state officials have sent Newscenter 11 a response to the situation.
MPSD Graduation Rate
- The latest numbers show a double digit improvement in the graduation rate at Meridian High School.
York Fire Latest
- Preparations are being made to cleanup debris from a recent devastating fire in downtown York, Alabama.
Newton Shooting Latest
- Several arrests are expected in a recent shooting incident in Newton.
Beating the Heat: Love's Kitchen Helps
- Summer has brought record heat and steps are being taken to help some who are the most vulnerable.
Choctaw County Protest
- Some residents in West Alabama are braving the heat to protest what they call unjust treatment of a county employee.
Waynesboro Murder Arrests
- Three suspects in a capitol murder case in Waynesboro are set to make an initial appearance before a judge Friday morning.
More Good Morning Meridian