Good Morning Meridian
Sumter Co. Double Murder Arrest
- An arrest has been made in a double murder in West Alabama.
Local Recycling Efforts
- Tomorrow will mark the end of a recycling pilot program for Lauderdale County residents. However, because of a steady increase in participation, efforts are being made to put the program in place long term.
MCCSA Funding Reduced
- Some funding has been cut for a local agency that serves 9 counties in East Central Mississippi. This change will affect the number of people who are able to get help with power bills, or to secure other assistance to beat the heat.
- Summer is a time of year when door-to-door scams often increase. That's why residents are being advised about ways to avoid falling victim to con artists.
North Carolina Fugitive Arrested in E. Mississippi
- A wanted fugitive from North Carolina has been arrested in Kemper County.
Career Exploration Camp
- The University of West Alabama is taking extra steps this summer to help better prepare local young people for the future.
UPDATE: Escaped Inmate Captured in Kemper County
- UPDATE: Detective Dareall Thompson with the Meridian Police Department says the escaped inmate in Kemper County has been captured.
- Starting next week, taping will begin in Meridian for an upcoming docuseries aimed at increasing understanding between different segments of the community.
City of Meridian Recommendations
- As city leaders continue to look for ways to enhance Meridian's most historic park, one county supervisor is offering suggestions.
Another Protest of Altman Case
- People who took issue with a hung jury in a recent DUI manslaughter case protested again in downtown Meridian, calling for a change of venue in the next trial.
More Good Morning Meridian