Good Morning Meridian
Velma Young Center: To Get New Computers
Updated: 9:52 AM
- Technology upgrades have been approved for a center in one Meridian park.
New Housing Development for the Physically Challenged
Updated: 8:56 AM
- A new housing development is set to open that will help locals, who are physically challenged.
Posted: 8:45 AM
- Meridian police investigating an apparent robbery which happened outside a hospital around 5 AM Wednesday.
Vowing to Veto: Meridian's Mayor on Voting Precinct Changes
- Meridian's mayor is vowing to veto a newly approved measure that will affect voters.
New Fire Station to be Built
- For the first time in more than 20 years a new fire station is going to be built in Lauderdale County.
Lauderdale County Wants to Keep State Inmates
- Lauderdale County supervisors have voted to request a reversal of a decision to remove state inmates from county jails.
Holt's Case Continued
- An appeal case for a potential candidate in Lauderdale County is being continued.
- There's a type of farming that's growing in popularity in both Mississippi and Alabama. The yield from its crops are often a key component for many food favorites.
Spring Job Fair
- Lauderdale County's unemployment rate has dropped since the start of this year. In an effort to slash that number even more, the first ever Spring Job Fair was held Thursday at the WIN Job Center in Meridian.
Pearl River Resort Ribbon-cutting
- A ribbon cutting ceremony was held today on the Pearl River Resort. It marked the completion of another phase of a comprehensive multi-million dollar renovation project for the resort.
More Good Morning Meridian