Good Morning Meridian
Choctaw Chief Future Plans
- With vote counting now finished for this week's runoff election for Choctaw Chief, the head of the tribe is looking to the future.
Choctaw Indian Fair Preview
- The 66th Annual Choctaw Indian Fair will kickoff next week on the reservation in Neshoba County.
Choctaw Tribal Elections: Candidates Respond
- Former Choctaw Chief Beasley Denson says he will contest runoff election results.
Sumter Co. Double Murder Arrest
- An arrest has been made in a double murder in West Alabama.
Local Recycling Efforts
- Tomorrow will mark the end of a recycling pilot program for Lauderdale County residents. However, because of a steady increase in participation, efforts are being made to put the program in place long term.
MCCSA Funding Reduced
- Some funding has been cut for a local agency that serves 9 counties in East Central Mississippi. This change will affect the number of people who are able to get help with power bills, or to secure other assistance to beat the heat.
- Summer is a time of year when door-to-door scams often increase. That's why residents are being advised about ways to avoid falling victim to con artists.
North Carolina Fugitive Arrested in E. Mississippi
- A wanted fugitive from North Carolina has been arrested in Kemper County.
Career Exploration Camp
- The University of West Alabama is taking extra steps this summer to help better prepare local young people for the future.
UPDATE: Escaped Inmate Captured in Kemper County
- UPDATE: Detective Dareall Thompson with the Meridian Police Department says the escaped inmate in Kemper County has been captured.
More Good Morning Meridian