Good Morning Meridian
Wesley House: Holiday Needs
- Wesley House Community Center is prepared to serve dozens of people for Thanksgiving and says Christmas needs have expanded.
- All 15 community colleges in Mississippi are taking part in "College Challenge Week." It's designed to encourage students to graduate. According to local leaders, a lack of money is often a factor when it comes to many students not graduating, and other problems that campuses face.
Local Law Enforcement Consolidation?
- With tight budgets and high demands, Lauderdale County Sheriff Billy Sollie says he supports consolidating the three law enforcement departments in the county.
- Some local jailers could face time behind bars themselves following a major contraband crackdown at the regional prison in Kemper County.
- There are a number of new methods that are being used to help students develop a deeper understanding about math.
Choctaw Murder Trial Latest
- Officials from the Choctaw Tribe are releasing more information about an upcoming murder trial.
Choctaw Shooting Suspect's Trial
- A shooting suspect on the Choctaw Reservation is set to appear in court next week.
Ala. School Act Challenged
- A case that could effect whether or not some students in Alabama attend a private school is heading to the Alabama Supreme Court.
Miss. Budget Outlook
- Next year Mississippi lawmakers will have more money to spend, but not much more. Because of this fact, one leading lawmaker is advising fellow legislators to use caution.
Boil Water Notice Canceled
- A boil water notice that affected a large portion of Meridian has being canceled.
More Good Morning Meridian