Good Morning Meridian
Homeless Concerns:City of Meridian Responds
- Officials with the city of Meridian say they want to help address a problem that has been brought to their attention about dozens of families within the city who do not have a home. However, at this time they say what the city can do is limited.
- A Meridian woman, who pleaded guilty to embezzling from a local theatre company, has been sentenced to prison.
Money Found: Livingston, Ala.
- Some money has been found in one part of West Alabama, and authorities are seeking the owners.
Longtime Employee Retires
- There are many people who say that they can't wait until they retire. But that is not the case for Oscar Lee, Jr.
Meridian Murder: Mother Seeks Answers
- A Meridian mother is asking for answers one year after the murder of her son.
Meridian Police Pay Raise Efforts
- As budget talks continue, more options are being explored to help meet the needs of the Meridian Police Department.
Long Creek Reservoir Update
- More progress is being made to fix the problem at Long Creek Reservoir in Meridian.
Tailgating Block Party Preps
- Preparations are being made to roll out the red carpet in Meridian for football fans for two major SEC match-ups this fall.
Sumter County Schools Begin New Year
- Today marked the start of school for some students in West Alabama.
MCCSA Apartments being Renovated
- Renovations are in the works for Stevenson Landmark Apartments, owned by MCCSA. But residents say they weren't given enough notice to vacate their homes.
More Good Morning Meridian