Good Morning Meridian
Holt's Case Continued
- An appeal case for a potential candidate in Lauderdale County is being continued.
- There's a type of farming that's growing in popularity in both Mississippi and Alabama. The yield from its crops are often a key component for many food favorites.
Spring Job Fair
- Lauderdale County's unemployment rate has dropped since the start of this year. In an effort to slash that number even more, the first ever Spring Job Fair was held Thursday at the WIN Job Center in Meridian.
Pearl River Resort Ribbon-cutting
- A ribbon cutting ceremony was held today on the Pearl River Resort. It marked the completion of another phase of a comprehensive multi-million dollar renovation project for the resort.
Literacy Coaches In Mississippi Schools
- Efforts are being made by the Mississippi Department of Education to hire more literacy coaches to work in public schools.
Special Olympic Games
- The local Special Olympic Games were held in Meridian today. In all, almost 500 athletes participated.
Drug/High Speed Chase Arrest
- A high speed chase through Kemper County's county seat has led to a drug arrest.
- No one was hurt during a truck fire Thursday at a truck stop in Lost Gap. The fire is believed to have been caused by a refrigeration unit that caught fire. Two trucks were damaged by the blaze. The truck which caught fire was hauling frozen chickens.
MLT Diversity Efforts
- Meridian is home to Mississippi's largest community theatre. A strategic plan has been developed to further expand Meridian Little Theatre's appeal.
NFusion X Talent Show
- We often report to you stories about young people, who are involved in bad situations. Today we're bringing you a story about an organization that's on a mission to help youth in our area, and organizers say there is a role that we all can play in this effort.
More Good Morning Meridian