Good Morning Meridian
Arbor Day Meridian
- There was record turnout for Friday's Arbor Day Celebration in Meridian. City officials say the excitement about planting trees could ultimately pay off in more ways than one.
The Historic Young Hotel: Exploring Its Past, Present & Future
- Strides are being made to restore in some way, what was once a staple within Meridian's Historic Black Business District, and the area surrounding it.
Project Lifesaver Launched in Choctaw County, Alabama
- Officials in Choctaw County, Alabama have launched a countywide program that's designed to save lives. Project Lifesaver helps speed up locating people who are at risk people, such as Alzheimer's' patients, when they wander away from home.
Meridian Regional Airport: Fastest Growing Airport in Mississippi
- Meridian is now home to the fastest growing airport in the state of Mississippi.
Medgar Evers: Push To Get Local Site Recognized on Civil Rights Trail
- There's a push to get the site where Medgar Evers grew up in Newton County placed on the Mississippi's Civil Rights Trail.
Meridian Suspect Sought In Jones County
- A Meridian man, who's a suspect in connection with a series of burglaries, is being sought by authorities in Jones County.
NAS Meridian Anti-Terrorism Exercise
- For the next two weeks Navy bases throughout the U.S. will conduct exercises that are designed to improve response to a possible terror attack. One such exercise was conducted on board Naval Air Station Meridian Wednesday morning.
New Disney Film: Ties To Local Businessman
- A movie that chronicles an historic event that involved one local businessman is hitting the big screen nationwide today.
GED Scoring Change: Lower Scores Required
- Because of a national change, it's now easier to get a GED.
Alabama Legislature: Lottery To Be Considered
- We are less than one week away from the start of the 2016 Alabama Legislative Session. One item on the agenda that's expected to get a lot of attention is a proposed lottery.
More Good Morning Meridian