Good Morning Meridian
UWA Genealogy Conference
- A conference is underway in West Alabama that's designed to help make the task of ancestral and other historical research a little easier.
Fiery Crash Fatal
- One person is dead following a fiery car crash in Forest.
Lauderdale County Administrator Resigns
- Lauderdale County Administrator David Engel is resigning. He's says it's strictly due to personal reasons.
Suspect Charged with Capital Murder
- The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department has charged 30-year-old Christopher Lee Christian with capital murder in the death of Edward White, 79, at his home.
Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Although the month is coming to an end, men 50 and over are reminded to get a prostate screening at least once a year.
Clarke Co. Press Conference
- Organizers for a newly formed group in Clarke County, Mississippi say they are on a mission to ease racial tensions within the county.
NAS Meridian Earthquake Exercise
- September is Disaster Preparedness Month, and as part of it, Naval Air Station Meridian hosted its largest simulation training exercise Thursday morning.
Sumter County: New Supt.'s Plan for Progress
- The new school year welcomed a new superintendent for the Sumter County School District. Wednesday he talked with Newscenter 11 about his plans. Plus, he explained why some local students could soon receive a letter from his office.
Meridian Airport: 309% Increase In Passengers
- The number of passengers using Meridian Regional Airport has increased by more than 300% compared to the same time last year.
- The recent start of school also brought back a scam that targets cash strapped-college students.
More Good Morning Meridian