Good Morning Meridian
Lauderdale County's Tax Collector Pulls Out Of Race
Updated: 11:21 PM
- The qualifying deadline has brought a surprise announcement in Lauderdale County. Longtime tax collector Stanley Shannon is pulling out of the race, and announcing plans to retire.
Cole Seeks Tax Collector Office
Updated: 11:22 PM
- Scotty Cole is now running as a Democrat for the tax collector's office. He had announced earlier Friday he was running for tax assessor as an independent.
Mississippi Economic Council Regional Round-up Meeting
- Efforts are being made to make Mississippi a "Lean, Mean Business Recruiting Machine."
Organ Donor Recruitment
- There's a push to increase the number of organ donors in Mississippi.
New Code Enforcement Manager: City of Meridian
- New action has been taken to alleviate eyesores in Meridian. The city has officially hired a code enforcement manager.
Homeland Security Threat: Local Reaction
- The FBI has issued a bulletin urging Americans to be vigilant after a terrorist group made an on-line threat over the weekend against shopping malls in the U.S.
EMEPA Automated Meter Readers
- A change will soon be made that could help further ensure accuracy when it comes to electric bills, and protecting workers. East Mississippi Electric Power Association is switching to automated meter readers.
- A one-vehicle accident in East Mississippi has left a Kemper County man dead.
West Alabama Electric Bill Concerns
- Some residents in West Alabama want answers about what they call the rising cost to heat their homes.
Pedestrian Hit Arrest
- An arrest has been made in the case of a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle a week ago in West Alabama.
More Good Morning Meridian