Good Morning Meridian
Literacy Coaches In Mississippi Schools
- Efforts are being made by the Mississippi Department of Education to hire more literacy coaches to work in public schools.
Special Olympic Games
- The local Special Olympic Games were held in Meridian today. In all, almost 500 athletes participated.
Drug/High Speed Chase Arrest
- A high speed chase through Kemper County's county seat has led to a drug arrest.
- No one was hurt during a truck fire Thursday at a truck stop in Lost Gap. The fire is believed to have been caused by a refrigeration unit that caught fire. Two trucks were damaged by the blaze. The truck which caught fire was hauling frozen chickens.
MLT Diversity Efforts
- Meridian is home to Mississippi's largest community theatre. A strategic plan has been developed to further expand Meridian Little Theatre's appeal.
NFusion X Talent Show
- We often report to you stories about young people, who are involved in bad situations. Today we're bringing you a story about an organization that's on a mission to help youth in our area, and organizers say there is a role that we all can play in this effort.
Call To Hire More Full-Time Employees: City of Meridian
- Some members of the Meridian City Council are calling for action to be taken to fill almost 80 full-time positions.
Randle Jennings: City of Meridian Repayment Plan Latest
- At least one Meridian City Councilman is calling for tougher action to be taken to collect thousands of dollars that a local civil rights leader owes the city.
City of Meridian: Audit Results
- "A good financial year,' is how an auditor describes the most recent audit of the City of Meridian.
Mississippi Education Debate
- It's been just over a week since the Mississippi Legislature wrapped up work for this year's legislative session, and two local lawmakers are not seeing eye-to-eye on some issues involving education.
More Good Morning Meridian