Good Morning Meridian
W. Alabama Community Development Workshops
- Residents in West Alabama are being invited to take part in two upcoming workshops that are designed to promote community development.
Mississippi Department of Mental Health Agenda
- The governing board for the Mississippi Department of Mental Health met Thursday in Meridian. One main issue that was discussed involved an effort to open more group homes that are designed to help people who are recovering from substance abuse.
RSVP Volunteers Needed
- May is Older Americans Month, and locally there's a plea for more people in their golden years to volunteer.
- As we near the kickoff of the summer vacation season, fun seekers are being reminded to watch out for alligators.
Teenager Charged in Weekend Chase
- The weekend theft of a bread truck in Meridian has led to a 17-year-old facing a host of charges in two counties.
Teen Charged in High Speed Chase
- A teenager is facing charges in connection with a high speed chase that involved two East Mississippi counties.
MPSD Third Grade Reading Test Results and Future
- The final results are in for the Meridian Public School District regarding the new mandatory reading test for third graders in Mississippi.
Meridian: Park Safety
- As the school year nears an end, more attention is being focused on local parks and whether or not they are safe.
Third Grade Reading Test: Lauderdale County Results
- More details are being released about the new third grade reading test results in Mississippi. The results for the Lauderdale County School District exceeded the overall rating for the state.
National Police Week Observed
- This week is National Police Week. Newscenter 11 spoke with law enforcement officials from several local counties Monday about the challenges officers face.
More Good Morning Meridian