Tax Appeal Deadline

By: Stan Torgerson
By: Stan Torgerson

If you disagree with the 2003 appraisal on your house or property, this month is your only opportunity to protest.

You must file a written objection with the chancery clerk before 5:00 p.m. August 4. Board attorney Rick Barry said the supervisors will then set a hearing date.

"At that point, the board sits and listens to the objections. They hear evidence from the landowner. They hear evidence from the tax assessor's office and they make a decision," Barry said.

If you lose, you may appeal to circuit court.

WTOK-TV 815 23rd Ave Meridian, Ms. 39301 Phone: (601) 693-1441
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 379827 -
Gray Television, Inc.