Lisa Harris and her children were alerted to a fire in their home around 1:30 a.m. by a smoke detector according to Bailey Fire Chief Stanley Lucky.
The Bailey and Suqualena Volunteer Fire Departments responded.
The interior of the mobile home was destroyed.
"We feel like it originated in the living room area. And it was a small electric heater that probably got close to some combustibles and ignited them," Lucky said.
Lucky says it's possible the smoke detector saved this family. He advises anyone without a smoke detector to get one and for others to check the batteries at least twice a year.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.