Fire Victim Identified

Clarke County, Miss. The person found inside a burned Clarke County residence Aug. 14 has been positively identified.

Officials say the man found inside the home was 46-year-old Calvin Bryant Davis.

The preliminary autopsy determined Davis died of smoke inhalation.

The fire started around 5 a.m. that morning. Davis was discovered in his bed after firefighters arrived.

Fire officials urge all residents to test their smoke detectors and change the batteries at least twice a year.

WTOK-TV 815 23rd Ave Meridian, Ms. 39301 Phone: (601) 693-1441
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 220272281 -
Gray Television, Inc.