Retired Military Dog, Lex, Dies

Lex, the military working dog who was adopted by the Lee family of Stonewall, Miss., has died.

Retired Military Working Dogs reported Lex died Sunday at 2:02 p.m. He was 12 years old and had suffered health problems.

Lex was wounded in the explosion that claimed the life of his handler, Marine Cpl. Dustin Lee, in 2007.

It took months of cutting through red tape for the Lees to be able to adopt Lex.

• by Donna Location: Rio Rancho, NM on Apr 17, 2012 at 07:24 PM
    Lee family, my most sincere condolences for the passing of Lex, he was a great dog. He is with Dustin now, may they both rest in peace with God. Praying for your family, that you will have peace and comfort.
  • by Linda Bustamante Location: El Paso,Texas on Mar 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    I was so sad to hear of his passing. Amazed at the fact that he passed within days of the anniversary of Marine Cpl Dustin Lee's passing. They are together forever. RIP Dustin and Lex.
  • by K9nighthunter Location: New York on Mar 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    So sorry to see Lex go, He will be dearly missed by all those whose lives he touched.My Condolences to the Lee family, RIP Lex say hello to My Dog Lucky, he also gave his life for his country in 1973 @ Korat RTAFB.
  • by Mike Location: Massachusetts on Mar 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    I never met Dustin or Lex but I wish I had. They are now together as an eternal team, each one taking care of the other. Best of friends always.
  • by MIMI Location: Meridian on Mar 27, 2012 at 07:20 AM
    It broke my heart to hear this last night.I got to see Lex at a parade a few years ago, he was a beautiful and sweet dog. I'll never forget him. My prayers are with the family and find comfort in knowing Lex and Dustin are together forever. RIP Lex.
  • by Debra Location: Clarke on Mar 26, 2012 at 04:31 PM
    I think the military should give Lex a burial with a casket he done his job for the Military and should be took care proper.
      by diana on Mar 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM in reply to Debra
      I agree
  • by bobby frazer Location: stonewall on Mar 26, 2012 at 03:07 PM
    my heart goes out to the family.this is sad to hear.i hope and i will pray for them
  • by support our troops Location: lauderdale on Mar 26, 2012 at 01:16 PM
    Aww how sad! At least he was able to be with his handlers family and be there since their son went to go fight with the lord!
  • by Anthony Location: Lauderdale on Mar 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    That is so sad. Being in the guard with dustins dad I was able to get a picture made with lex 2 years ago. I will cherish it forever. My prayers are with the family. I bet as soon as he got to heaven he ran to dustin.
  • by Laura Location: Meridian on Mar 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    So terribly sorry that Lex has passed away, but at least he is with Dustin, who met him at the Rainbow Bridge. I will never forget seeing Lex for the first time in the funeral procession for Dustin, and then in the Memorial Day parade as well. What a fine dog he was----with the heart of a soldier. Condolences to the Lee family. I have three dogs of my own, and don't know how I will be able to cope when their time comes.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 144230965 - wtok.com/a?a=144230965