JSU to Rent Apartments to Accommodate More Students
Posted: 12:06 PM
- Jackson State University will lease 444-bed apartment complex next to its campus, with hopes of buying it later to accommodate increasing enrollment.
Summer Heat Impacts on Afternoon Football Practices
Posted: 11:48 AM
- As the temperatures continue to rise, many football programs maintain safety as their number one priority.
Jobless Rates Fall in Most Mississippi Counties
Updated: 11:05 AM
- Unemployment rates fell from June to July in 62 of Mississippi's 82 counties.
Noxubee County Man Pleads Guilty
Posted: 10:44 AM
- A Noxubee County man has entered a guilty plea to a charge of second-degree murder in the shooting death of a cafe owner.
Bentley, Griffith Make Pitch to Commissioners
Posted: 10:39 AM
- Republican Gov. Robert Bentley and his Democratic opponent, former U.S. Rep. Parker Griffith, were invited to address the annual convention of county commissioners in Orange Beach.
Lawmakers Likely to Borrow Less for Universities
Updated: 12:11 PM
- The College Board Thursday approved $710 million in bonding requests for Mississippi's public universities.
Alzheimer's Conference Meeting in Meridian
- The 15th Annual Conference on Alzheimer's Disease and Psychiatric Disorders in Older Adults continues through Friday at the MSU Riley Center.
Gagnon Joins MAEC Board
- The newest member of the Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Center board of directors is the CEO of Pearl River Resort.
Taylor Says MPS Met Goals
- The superintendent of Meridian Public Schools delivered his annual state of the district address to the Meridian Rotary Club.
Wendy's in Philadelphia Robbed
- Philadelphia police are looking for a suspect in the armed robbery of a fast food restaurant Tuesday night.
Solutions Still Elusive for Local Homeless
- An advocate for the homeless in Meridian says she has called every state agency to make sure requirements are met to open a temporary shelter for dozens of homeless residents.
Cross a No-Show for Sentencing
- Rebecca Cross, 50, has been sentenced to prison for embezzlement. But she didn't show up for court and a warrant has been issued for her arrest.
Meridian City Council Reviewing 2015 Budget
- The Meridian City Council is taking the final steps in passing the city's budget for the next fiscal year, and members say they're trying to do so without a tax increase.
South Harbor Shelter Renovations
- Currently, the only shelter for families in Meridian is closed for renovations. However, efforts are being made to reopen that facility as soon as possible.
Staying Safe in Extreme Heat
- With a major outbreak of heat expected this week, there are a few things you can do to remain safe.
More Mississippi Headlines