Two Charged in Meridian Stabbing Death
- Two people have been charged in connection with the capital murder and armed robbery of 66-year-old Early Jones of Meridian.
Grace Charged in Meridian Robbery
- A Meridian man already facing a bank robbery charge in Kemper County is facing an additional count in Meridian.
Injured Store Clerk Recovering
- Police say a store clerk shot Sunday in Meridian is in stable condition. The MPD continues an investigation to find the person responsible.
Stonewall Case Not Yet on Grand Jury Agenda
- A grand jury is meeting in Clarke County this week, but it won't take up the case of a Stonewall officer, who had a man die during an encounter with him in July.
State Fire Marshal's Office Investigating Newton Fatal Fire
- Newton City Fire Department is assisting the state fire marshal's office in a weekend fire, that took the life of 19 year old Anthony Edward McCune
Hearn Faces Charge of Internet Luring
- Lauderdale County investigators have arrested a man after they say he solicited sex online from a 14-year-old girl.
First WNV Death in Mississippi
- The Mississippi State Department of Health Monday confirmed the death of an Attala County resident from West Nile virus.
Outdoor Sports Tax Holiday Sept. 4-6
- Mississippi's sales tax holiday on outdoor sporting gear takes place this weekend.
Tickets Made Available for Pope's Visit
- Two hundred standing room only tickets are available for Mississippians to attend the address of Pope Francis to Congress, according to Sen. Roger Wicker's office.
MFD Recruiting Firefighters
- The Meridian Fire Department is accepting applications until noon on September 11, to fill vacant firefighter positions.
Arrest Made after Man Shot in Jackson Driveway
- Authorities say a suspect has been arrested and charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a man in a driveway in Jackson.
Mississippi Rabies Case: Advice to Locals
- The state of Mississippi has recorded its first case of rabies in a land animal in more than 50 years. This discovery is causing animal control officials throughout the state to issue important advice to residents.
Oil Lease Sale Public Meetings Set in Gulf States
- The federal government is holding public meetings this week in Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana as it works on a supplemental environmental impact statement for an oil lease sale tentatively planned for 2017.
MPD Investigates Stabbing Death and Shooting
- Meridian police are investigating two unrelated violent crimes that happened on Sunday: a fatal stabbing and the shooting a clerk during an armed robbery.
Newton Co. Fire Kills One, Injures Others
- A major house fire in Newton County Sunday, left one person dead and sent two firefighters to the hospital.
More Mississippi Headlines