Officials at Amtrak say taking simple steps in advance of a trip can help passengers be better prepared for emergencies. The rail line is participating in the Ready Campaign.
Some personal safety tips when traveling include:
• Store 1-800-331-0008 in your mobile phone to reach Amtrak Police in case of emergency.
• Carry a pocket-sized copy of critical phone numbers in your wallet, briefcase or hand bag.
• If you see something unusual at rail stations or on a train, say something.
• Identify a staging area or communications plan if you become separated from your party.
• Learn where Amtrak Police are available for escort to parking garages or nearby stations.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.