Members of the Meridian fire and police departments Sunday night were called to the scene of a fire inside the Sonny Montgomery Student Center on the campus of Meridian Community College. Officials say the fire was inside the elevator.
"Upon arrival we found fire in the elevator. The MCC staff had to put it out before we got here so actually there was no live fire when we arrived," said Jimmy Stockton.
Authorities aren't sure the cause of the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.