A fire destroyed an area mobile home Monday before firefighters could even get to the scene.
The fire started a little before 4 p.m. at a residence on Highway 11 south of Meridian.
Officials say the home was not occupied and was undergoing renovations.
They say an extension cord being used for those renovations malfunctioned and started the fire.
The home was a total loss. No one was injured in the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.