A local family is safe after their home was damaged by fire.
Firefighters were called to a home at 2802 Highland Avenue in Meridian around 5:30 Thursday evening.
Family members say they were on the porch at the time of the fire and that no one was hurt.
The family living at the home say an electrical malfunction is to blame for starting the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.