Jackson Executed in Mississippi

A Mississippi man who fatally stabbed four young nieces and nephews in a 1990 rampage has been executed, despite the pleas of two sisters to spare the brother who killed their children.

Authorities said 47-year-old Henry "Curtis" Jackson Jr. was pronounced dead at 6:13 p.m. Tuesday after receiving an injection at the Mississippi State Penitentiary.

The execution was carried out after the state's governor rejected a request by two of Jackson's sisters to spare him.

Court records show Jackson killed the children, ages 2 to 5, on Nov. 1, 1990, at his mother's home in the Delta region while she was at church, reportedly to take money from her safe.

One of Jackson's sisters, Regina Jackson, survived the attack and had pleaded for her brother's life.

• by Peabody Location: Valley Road on Jun 7, 2012 at 02:19 PM
    Meaning no disrespect but I feels God's law and Jesus' word has been 'revised' so many times we will never know their true meaning. I do know that when you murder children and are caught red handed 22 days is to long to live much less 22 years is just plain wrong.
      by LCREZ on Jun 8, 2012 at 07:43 AM in reply to Peabody
      Don't know what you mean when you say 'revised' but you are flat out wrong. The facts are easy to find that the reliability of the New Testament is solid. We have over 25,000 fragments of the New Testament that are dated within a generation of the original manuscripts. We have the Dead Sea Scrolls that have given much proof that the variations from those texts are miniscule with the later texts we had before these for the Old Testament. You just don't know the facts. We have more proof that the Bible is a reliable document than any document of antiquity. The more excavation that is done the more proof that the Bible is very near to what the original hand-written items were. There is a lot of evidence to prove this if you will only look for it.
  • by Sara on Jun 7, 2012 at 09:11 AM
    Obviously, all sin is wrong and heinous to God. But the consequences can vary greatly. If I tell someone I like their dress when I don't, then I have told a lie and lying is a sin. But the earthly consequences at least would be non-existent or minimal. Maybe my friend shows up at an event and her feelings are hurt because she doesn't look good. If I stab someone to death, then I have committed the sin of murder. The consequences on this earth are huge. A person is lost to their loved ones forever and I may lose my life or be in prison for the rest of my life. That also affects anyone who cares about me and diminishes their happiness. All sin is wrong but the consequences of that sin on this earth, and I believe, beyond this earth are not exactly the same. Mr. Jackson may well have repented of his sin in the 22 years he had to think about his actions. I hope that he did. But even if he did, the sentence meted out to him was justice.
      by LCREZ on Jun 7, 2012 at 01:24 PM in reply to Sara
      I agree
  • by Phillip Location: Meridian on Jun 7, 2012 at 07:43 AM
    To Tanya. Maybe you ought to read your Bible. Where in it will you find that God will not forgive you for using His name in vain? Read Matthew 12:31-32. Spreading false teaching is also a sin
      by LCREZ on Jun 7, 2012 at 09:21 AM in reply to Phillip
      This is because of the "sloppy theology" being taught and repeated all over. Here is a list of false teachings that some people believe without question: 1-God helps them that helps themselves. 2-One sin is the same as another. 3-Sin will not send you to hell. 4-Once saved always saved. 5-Everyone is born a sinner. 6-God has already predetermined all those who will be saved. 7-The "rapture" of the church in a future time. 8-God will kill a "believer" if he sins too much and then will take him to heaven. 9-KJV Bible is the only Bible for English-speaking people. All others are wrong and from the devil.
      by Anonymous on Jun 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM in reply to Phillip
      Everyone have the right to believe what they choose to believe. And look at yourself; the pot calling the kettle black. Most of what you have said is a matter of YOUR OPINION. I see a few comments that has totally went into a religion frenzy. This is a subject that will continue to go on and on. As for the the blaspheme, there is another scripture that may be considered for thought. Mark 3:29. It has been a pleasure to read your comments and me to have read yours. Have a great day!
        by Phillip on Jun 7, 2012 at 03:07 PM in reply to
        To Anonymous. I agree with you 100% that you have a right to believe what you choose because God gave each one of us a freedom of choice. He also gave Lucifer the freedom of choice but I dare say that he made the right choice because according to the Bible he will end up in the lake of fire. No, what I stated was not my opinion. It came from the KJV of the Bible. Have a great day!
  • by Retired Location: Meridian on Jun 6, 2012 at 06:49 PM
    I am for the death penalty but I don't believe it should ever be used unless DNA evidence is indisputable. Then the inmate should be allowed one automatic appeal to insure they were represented competently and their trial was fair. That should be completed within 2 years and then the sentence be carried out. If there is no DNA or inconclusive DNA then a life sentence should be the sentence.
  • by Everette Location: Union on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    I Think In Mississippi We should have An Express lane for Executions And save the tax payers The burden of feeding A Murderer Twenty Two Years...
  • by Danielle on Jun 6, 2012 at 08:17 AM
    He should have been put to death in the same manner that he killed those innocent children. AND it definitely should not have taken 22 years of tax payers money to do it!
      by Kathy on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM in reply to Danielle
      You got that right! Why on earth did it take 22 years to execute his sorry self? He didn't deserve to live a day after committing this crime! I for one am sick and tired of paying taxes to allow people who commit these kinds of crimes to sit behind bars for years and years before they are put to death.
  • by deb Location: Ms on Jun 6, 2012 at 08:14 AM
    Justice was done and they should be doing it a lot quicker and the tax payer would see that there hard working money is going to thing's to better our nation instead of feeding and houseing crimnal's. this dude killed children and why should taxpayer keep paying to keep his food free and living free for he was only one of a few they need to Excute.
  • by Damen Location: Meridian on Jun 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    His own sisters pleaded for his life. The victim's mommas. While justice was served in full, talk about forgiveness. Imagine what love they had for their own brother, who tore their whole world apart, to forgive him and plead for his life. For those that applaud his death, examine yourself. Now, I'm not one who opposes the death penalty, however, I feel that if his sisters pleaded for him, the Gov. should have granted it.
      by LCREZ on Jun 6, 2012 at 09:01 AM in reply to Damen
      The Governor did the right thing. You can forgive a person even if they must suffer death for their crime. Hopefully Henry repented and turned to Christ before he was executed. God can forgive and we must too. But this does not take away the fact that murder is a crime with a punishment.
      by Sparker on Jun 6, 2012 at 09:39 AM in reply to Damen
      Damen, I disagree with you. If he killed his very own family. What more would he do to someone else. Think about the mind set of a murderer. If u kill once u can easily do it again. Surely, the family has turned to God before now in order to love this person. My sympathy goes out to this family.
        by sue on Jun 6, 2012 at 04:27 PM in reply to Sparker
        How would you know the mind set of anyone with this rediculous statement? You sound like these people who say "that dog bit someone, it has a taste for blood". A person is not necessarily willing to kill a again just beacause they did it once! I am all for the death penalty & forgiveness as well. But if your children count to you, how can you say don't execute their killer. I wouldn't care if it was their grandmother!
          by Sparker on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM in reply to sue
          To Sue First of all get some understanding. I'm not saying that justice was't served; it was. This man killed children ranging from ages of 2 to 5. I'm only saying that if he could kill those babies what more would he do to someone else. If given the chance. Besides let's stop the web judgement because none of us "Have a Heaven or Hell to put this man in"!
      by Phillip on Jun 7, 2012 at 06:55 AM in reply to Damen
      I most certainly believe in forgiveness because God forgives us but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't still impose the sentence that was handed down by the court of the land. Sin still has it's consequences even though we have forgiveness it doesn't matter who pleads.
  • by Tanya Location: Meridian on Jun 5, 2012 at 09:34 PM
    Although he took the lives of children, who are we to judge and take his life. I think it was not only painful for his sisters to ask for his life to be spared, but it took a forgiving heart which God asked us to do. An eye for an eye does not bring back the lives that were lost, it only make us feel temporary better. The fairest punishment(opinion)would have been within himself by constant reliving and remembering the horrific crime he committed for the remaining of his life. Without a doubt I believe in God and his word of forgiving others. No sin is bigger than the next even the sin of taking anothers life.
      by LCREZ on Jun 6, 2012 at 08:57 AM in reply to Tanya
      Where did you ever get that crazy idea that "No sin is bigger than the next'? You cannont find that in the Bible. Jesus told Pilate that the people who brought him to Pilate had committed the GREATER sin. Worry is sin but not the same as murder. Read the Bible to get your theology instead of listening to so-called theologians that try to interpret the Bible. The Bible lists the sins that will not enter heaven.
        by Tanya on Jun 6, 2012 at 05:02 PM in reply to LCREZ
        A sin is a sin no way how you look at it,wheather it was telling a lie or murder. It says in the Bible that all sins can be forgiven except that of using God's name in vain.That is what I mean by no sin is greater than the next. And you read your bible before making assumptions on who I listen to.
          by Phillip on Jun 7, 2012 at 07:19 AM in reply to Tanya
          Tanya, maybe you ought to read your Bible (Matthew 12:31-32) You will not find anywhere in the Bible that God will not forgive you for using his name in vain. The only unforgivable sin is (blasphemy against the Holy Ghost) This is failure to repent of your sins and accept Jesus as your personal Savior. Please read the scripture that I indicated instead of spreading FALSE TEACHING!
          by LCREZ on Jun 7, 2012 at 08:49 AM in reply to Tanya
          I read my Bible every day. That is why I felt I needed to correct your statement. ALL SINS are NOT the same according to the BIBLE. You can be forgiven for every sin including "using God's Name in vain". Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin because it is a final and perpetual rejection of the the ONLY ONE who can draw you to God. John 19:11 "Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin." You can't have a "greater sin" if all sin is the exact same. You must be wrong. Just because all sins can be forgiven does mean they are the same. The greater the sin the more it effects yourself and others. Which is the greater sin, to lie about a person or to kill them? Both are wrong and both are forgivable but killing is the greater of the two. I know there are preachers that tell you something else but it is just not true. There are different punishments for different crimes because all crimes (sins) are NOT the same. We don't execute liars and we should not fine a murderer. I think you should get the point.
      by Phillip on Jun 7, 2012 at 07:04 AM in reply to Tanya
      I agree with you Tanya, an eye for an eye will not bring back the children BUT IT IS JUSTICE and the consequence he should have to pay. I too, believe in forgiveness and also accountability. His sisters has nothing to do with justice being served.
  • by neighbor on Jun 5, 2012 at 08:43 PM
    Why did it take so long? 22 years is rediculus. Sentence should have been carried out a long time ago.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 157343035 - wtok.com/a?a=157343035