Knight Switching Parties

By: Nick Adam Email
By: Nick Adam Email

Prior to his last run for sheriff, Jackie Knight says he considered switching parties because he did not like what was happening with democrats in Washington, but he was talked out of it by a resident.

"She said the President, Joe Biden, and Nancy Pelosi don't live in Newton County, they live in Washington, and I thought you know she was right, so I stayed with the democratic party."

Knight says Washington politics have now forced his hand, and he says it was President Obama's endorsement of gay marriage that pushed him away from the party.

"Their values [in Washington] and my values are totally different."

Knight says his decision is based upon Washington politics, but that decision and the party changes of other state politicians will mostly affect state politics.

The sheriff says he is basing his decision on his own beliefs, and other leaders in the state will have to do the same.

• by Joe Location: Truth Be Told on Jun 2, 2012 at 05:08 PM
    When you hear or read some one saying, "some of my best friends are black", look out. That's the same as realizing when some one yells, "heads up", chances are you better duck.
  • by Newton Co.Residen Location: Newton on Jun 1, 2012 at 08:52 AM
    Well Mr. Knight, you are truly showing yourself and don't blame the president for it. Why don't you people just tell the truth and stop lying on the president. You probably didn't vote for him any way, just as i didn't vote for YOU.
  • by Anonymous on Jun 1, 2012 at 08:52 AM
    I bet the sheriff eats plenty of ham and bacon. Maybe he and his religion should sit down and read the bible a little more closely, if that is truly the reason.
      by Anonymous on Jun 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM in reply to
      And maybe should you. That is a non-debatable issue. Try another talking point. I know most of the dumbo tactics & how they try to skew the Bible for their own agenda.
  • by JW Location: Newton on May 31, 2012 at 06:48 PM
    Wow, I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest. I am in no way racist. Some of my best friends are black, but they go out and work for a living. I'm just aggravated at the way Obamacare has put this country in worse shape than it's been in a long time. Oh yeah, the last time I checked, there's just as many whites, if not more, on welfare as there is blacks... So what's racist about that?
      by Anonymous on Jun 1, 2012 at 08:50 AM in reply to JW
      "Some of my best friends are black, but they go out and work for a living." --Bingo
        by Anonymous on Jun 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM in reply to
        Stop with the BS. I wouldn't WANT a friend that responds with a reply like yours! BINGO!!! Purple, Green, Fusha, Blue... You are a welfare bum, BOTTOM LINE!
  • by JW Supporter on May 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    And what did he say that was racist? Your comment does nothing but show your own racial insecurity, and ignorance. Why is it that when someone stands up for their beliefs, some ignorant person has to try and throw racism into the mix? And he didn't need to bring his racist inhibitions to the forefront of anything.....you, Sir, or Madam, did it for him.....
      by Anonymous on Jun 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM in reply to JW Supporter
      AMEN
  • by JW Location: Newton on May 31, 2012 at 09:01 AM
    Blah, Blah, Blah! It looks like Jackie is preparing for retirement. This is what most politicians in rural counties do. They run as a democrat to get the votes, then switch to their true beliefs when they get ready to leave office. I myself am a Republican, I'm against gay marriage, and I can't stand our president and what he and his liberal following has done to our country. I work hard for my money, but only see 60% of it. The rest go to these no-good sorry low-life individuals that sit on their front porch, drink beer, and wait for their next free hand-out. Good luck to you Jackie in your retirement, you've worked hard for it and deserve it.
      by Anonymous on May 31, 2012 at 09:50 AM in reply to JW
      You are a victim of your own ignorance. Check to see where the majority of the money you speak of goes. You are falling to a divide-and-conquer strategy that is destroying this country. It hits off your racists inhibitions, which you can't bring to the forefront.
        by JW Supporter on May 31, 2012 at 12:30 PM in reply to
        And what did he say that was racist? Your comment does nothing but show your own racial insecurities and ignorance. Why else would you automatically jump to the conclusion that what he is saying is anything other than what it is: Him standing up for his own beliefs. Go spread your racial hatred, and garbage, somewhere else.
          by JW Needs a Supporter on May 31, 2012 at 03:12 PM in reply to JW Supporter
          Yea, say what you want. We all know what comes to mind when someone speaks of sorry low-life individuals that sit on their front porch, drink beer, and wait for their next free hand-out. Especially when that has nothing to do with anything in the news report.
      by Haley on Jun 7, 2012 at 08:52 AM in reply to JW
      JW, so what you are saying about Jackie Knight is that he is a deceiver. According to your statement, you said that he is a republican at heart, but only chose to be a democrat to get votes. So, doesn't that make him a sheep in wolf's clothing? What I am trying to understand is, he is against homosexuality, but it is okay to be a liar? Both are abominations to God. So when you say that you are not racist, how can anyone believe that when you stated that you can pretend to be something that you know you are not. You may not have said it in this in so many words, but that is the message that you have sent out.
  • by Anonymous on May 31, 2012 at 07:50 AM
    What do you expect from a good ole boy? Jump from the party standing for everybody's rights to the corporate conglomerate. Oh, and what about those Republicans that are for gay marriage? Sheriff? Can you think that far ahead?
  • by Proud Location: Mississippi on May 31, 2012 at 06:51 AM
    Good for you. It is great to see someone in public office taking a stand on their beliefs.
  • by Lynne Location: Meridian on May 31, 2012 at 05:37 AM
    They should make it a law the party you go in as, is the party you have to do your term as. It is becoming the thing to do. I think he was a Republican all the time. I know the republicans have said things he didn't agree with also.
  • by Responsibility on May 31, 2012 at 04:28 AM
    Why can't people just take responsibility for their own actions? He wanted to change parties, period. Now he wants to says the final straw was the president's endorsement of gay marriage. The president is ONE democrat. The president does not decide morality, values, etc. for anyone else. The president does not decide what is right. The word of God tells us what is right. I am a democrat. I do not support gay marriage. I continue to support President Obama because in my opinion, he is the best man for the job. Knight is changing parties because he wants to, period. He wants to be on the side of the majority. Mississippi is largely republican. Isn't that right Jackie?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 155835625 - wtok.com/a?a=155835625