Healthwatch: A New Look at Rush Cafeteria

By: Nick Adam Email
By: Nick Adam Email

Visitors to the cafeteria at Rush may notice a new look, and some new choices on the menu.

The hospital administration has teamed up with Morrison Management Specialists to try and make their cafeteria more health care friendly.

"Some of our preparations where we would have normally sauteed in more oil, we're just spritzing the pan now with olive oil," says Morrison Executive Chef Richard Hoelzel.

The chefs are not just making changes to the way food is prepared, the company is also offering fresh food for patrons to take home if they are in a hurry and want to grab something healthy to prepare later.

Rush staff hopes these changes to the cafeteria will reinforce the importance of a healthy lifestyle to staff, visitors, and patients alike.

• by Anonymous on Aug 22, 2011 at 03:28 AM
    Andersons food is alot better than rush.the smell at rush is enough to turn anyones stomach.
  • by Employee Location: Rush on Aug 19, 2011 at 05:12 AM
    I think the changes are GREAT. I tend to get annoyed at many of my co workers who complian about change they seem to think time should stand still. The prices are the same I asked the manager and if they did go up it would only make sense since the cost of everything we eat has gone up. You have a choice and my choice is our New Cafe. I cant call it a Cafeteria anymore.
  • by Stroke Survivor Location: Meridian on Aug 18, 2011 at 02:48 PM
    I thought the food there was great - I ate there with my late father when it was a little "hole in the wall" located in the main building. For some reason I thought their salads were the best in Meridian, if not elsewhere. Whenever I go to Rush Hospital to a clinic or for other treatment it is always a treat to go to the cafeteria when it is open. For me it is not only good food but a relaxing break from day to day life. Prices may have gone up - but hasn't everything else? Ever gone grocery shopping lately ?
  • by ... on Aug 18, 2011 at 01:40 PM
    the prices are crazy! i work there and when i eat at there i usually get a drink, fries, and either a hamburger or chicken sandwich... its always like $7!! and thats with the employee discount!
      by Anonymous on Aug 19, 2011 at 09:24 AM in reply to ...
      Exactly!!!
  • by Anonymous on Aug 18, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    " But they don't tell you about the price increase!"
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128025723 - wtok.com/a?a=128025723