Rutledge Continues District 5 Campaign

As we edge ever closer to next week's primary runoffs in Mississippi, we continue to look at some of the candidates taking part.

Those include Kyle Rutledge, who is making a push to unseat longtime Lauderdale County District 5 supervisor Ray Boswell.

Rutledge ran a close second to Boswell in a field of four candidates in the first primary.

He says he believes he has a good chance of winning in the Aug. 23 runoff.

"Just please vote for me on August 23rd. I know 2,250 people did not vote for the current supervisor. And I'm just trying to convince them to vote for me on August 23rd," said Rutledge. "I want you to because I believe I am the man for the job. I have a lot of drive and passion for Lauderdale County, and I want to see it move forward in the right direction."

Rutledge currently serves as a teacher at Southeast Lauderdale Middle School.

• by Anonymous on Aug 23, 2011 at 01:54 PM
    VOTED for Kyle
  • by Go, Kyle, go. on Aug 22, 2011 at 09:18 PM
    Get Rat, ummm I mean Ray, off the Board. Go, Kyle, go. I just wish I could vote in your district, but I've been campaigning for you when I can.
      by Anonymous on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:43 AM in reply to Go, Kyle, go.
      you still dont get it.go and vote.
        by Go, Kyle, go. on Aug 23, 2011 at 05:53 PM in reply to
        I don't know why you replied to me & told me to go vote. I did. I just can't vote for Kyle. I'm not in his district. Thank God. I'd have been miserable having to been under Rat for all these years. But then again most of his constituents & a lot of other residents of LC have been made miserable because of this Rat. He's NOT Republican, he's a Dumb-0-CRAP in sheep's clothing! And, I do get it!
  • by Anonymous on Aug 19, 2011 at 04:26 PM
    the picture is bigger than boswell and kyle.stay clued in lauderdale county.hold on to your wallets for the next four years. you heard it first.
      by chuckles on Aug 20, 2011 at 09:09 AM in reply to
      Well if Ray is out of the way, then the stuporvisors can go on vacations, I mean important bidness trips again!!!!
        by Anonymous on Aug 20, 2011 at 05:17 PM in reply to chuckles
        Mix-up over Tower Auto tax bill ANOTHER ONE FOR LCBS. OPEN YOUR EYES LC. MORE WILL COME.
          by Anonymous on Aug 21, 2011 at 12:39 PM in reply to
          show me the car fax (budget)
        by Peabody on Aug 21, 2011 at 01:12 AM in reply to chuckles
        Ray spends more money on private land in a month than they spend in a year on trips. If Kyle wins Ray will be back in in 4 years if Kyle doesn't keep up folks driveways unless people change.
  • by Marcus Linton on Aug 19, 2011 at 02:43 PM
    GO KYLE, GO KYLE!!! Sup. Boswell's 'style' of getting things done borders on the ill advised and the illegal.Its high time for Ray Boswell to do us all favor and EXIT southeast Lauderdale. Get out and vote Kyle Rutledge!
  • by longcreek voter on Aug 19, 2011 at 01:52 PM
    i agree i think we need a fresh face and new ideas. i will be voting for Kyle thats for sure.this county will never go foward with Mr Boswell in office he keeps too much fuss going on and if he dont like the ideas of other supervisors he will not support it.Mr Boswell is very selfish and he says he is for the people of lauderdale county i think he is for himself and no one else.DIST 5 VOTE FOR KYLE LETS MOVE FOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!
  • by Anonymous on Aug 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    Good Luck to you Kyle. Now to off Wayman and Hank and we might be on the right track finally. Joe Norwood isn't a threat to anyone.
      by Anonymous on Aug 20, 2011 at 05:19 PM in reply to
      BINGO!!! SO WHY MOVE HIM
  • by Michelle on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    I AM GOING TO VOTE FOR KYLE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SEE Boswel WIN. BOSWEL NEEDS TO LOCK HIS SELF IN A CLOSET SOMEWHERE.
  • by Donna Location: Lauderdale on Aug 19, 2011 at 07:55 AM
    Kyle Rutledge has my vote! He is a very nice and caring man! He is definitely the one for the job!! Please vote Kyle Rutledge Aug. 23rd!! Thanks!
  • by lcrez Location: lc on Aug 19, 2011 at 07:53 AM
    You need to watch the Boswell and Rutledge interviews on the WMOX site. Kyle seems to be a great Christian man with a vision to serve his community. He has a lot to learn but he is very sincere. Boswell is the last of the 'boss hog' supervisors. He is on the ropes now. District 5 needs to finish him off. Jimmy Moore is quite the gentleman siding with Kyle. Jimmy has a lot of good ideas. But he knows that getting rid of Rayray is the best thing to happen to District 5 and the rest of the area. I hope Kyle wins big! Watch out Wayman. You may have your hands full too.
  • by James Location: ZERO on Aug 19, 2011 at 05:16 AM
    We need to to get out vote for Kyle . So we can move this county forward not keep in the 80's .Like it has been for 20 years. Need someone that want make us look bad as a county or a district . We need someone young to give new ideas .
      by funny on Aug 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM in reply to James
      you already made yourself look bad. It's wont not want.
        by Grammar on Aug 19, 2011 at 05:46 PM in reply to funny
        Capitalization is just as important. Its You not you to begin a sentence.
        by Anonymous on Aug 19, 2011 at 06:00 PM in reply to funny
        Ray's kin checking spelling for "opposition"? Just wondering. He got his point across, that's all that should be of concern to anyone. Who cares? Case closed! :D
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128043013 - wtok.com/a?a=128043013