Samantha Landrum Performs at Cracker Barrel

Samantha Landrum, of Laurel, performed today at Meridian's Cracker Barrel and its Pickin' on the Porch event.

Landrum is one of several artists currently being promoted by Teddy Gentry of the group Alabama.

Landrum sang and signed autographs. She says she's having a lot of fun, getting to know people and singing all over the south.

"I've been doing this since I was four and it really just feels like home to me, you know," Landrum said. "It's kind of surreal because it has been a lifelong dream. And it's actually happening. My dream is becoming reality. And so it's really awesome and a blessing."

Landrum is taking part in the Best New Nashville Contest and has a song on the Best New Nashville CD, being sold at Cracker Barrel stores. To see more information about the contest and to vote for your favorite, click the link below.

• by Billy Jean Location: Meridian on May 29, 2011 at 09:57 PM
    Yes, she acted like a diva. Refused to sign unless they had her CD.
      by Joey on Jun 4, 2011 at 09:59 AM in reply to Billy Jean
      are you a jealous person? because she was the most kind, down home girl i've ever met.. she signed anything you wanted her to.. it kills me to see people lie about a talented, sweet, successful girl! I sat on the front porch and talked to her for well over 15 minutes.. Can't wait to see her in concert! sooo sweet!
  • by Doug Location: Meridian on May 27, 2011 at 06:54 AM
    I went to this. She refused to give autographs unless you bought her CD. She was acting like a super star when she is not.
      by Peabody on May 28, 2011 at 01:16 AM in reply to Doug
      If she did this and I'm saying if just because I did not see it firsthand she will not last long. Many good voices don't make it for many reasons but not paying your dues is a big one.
      by Josh on May 28, 2011 at 05:52 AM in reply to Doug
      Doug, you must be an unhappy person. I went to this also and saw her autograph books, not just cd's.
      by Susan on Jun 4, 2011 at 09:56 AM in reply to Doug
      I have gone to all of Samantha's shows at the Cracker Barrel stores, you can tell that she loves the Lord, is thankful for all the opportunities that she has. My daughter wanted a CD but i didn't have the money, Samantha gave her an 8x10 picture and signed it!! My little girl, Callie was so excited.. Ms. Landrum is such a GREAT role model. God Bless her! She will have great success.. Doug, tearing people down- especially when its not true... you must be pathetic. and blind. Samantha was beautiful and overly nice.. Can't wait to see her again!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122620349 - wtok.com/a?a=122620349