ABC National Election Coverage
WTOK Political Headlines
Lauderdale County Election Commissioners Prepare for Tuesday Primaries
- Lauderdale County Circuit Clerk Donna Jill Johnson says it took nearly 6 weeks, to prepare for the Tuesday primaries
Neshoba County Prepares for Election Day
- Polls open August 4 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for primary elections.
Mississippi Primaries Tuesday
- Mississippi's Democratic and Republican primaries Tuesday will narrow the list of candidates seeking state, district and county offices.
Alabama Lawmakers Seek Budget Deal
- Alabama lawmakers returned to Montgomery in search of a budget deal.
Waste Pro Announces Change
- There is a change in store for pickup of items for recycling in Meridian.
Pickering and Butler Vie for GOP Nomination for Auditor
- Stacey Pickering says he's as aggressive a state auditor as Mississippi has ever had. His challenger in Tuesday's Republican primary, Mary Hawkins Butler, says that's not enough.
A Glance at Candidates for State Treasurer
- Two candidates are running in Tuesday's Republican primary for Mississippi treasurer.
Saturday Deadline for Absentee Voting
- Saturday is the deadline for absentee voting before Tuesday's party primaries in Mississippi.
Cochran, Others Co-Sponsor De-Funding Bill
- Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran is among those co-sponsoring legislation to de-fund Planned Parenthood.
Neshoba County Voters Have Two Important Elections in August
- While statewide primary elections will be Tuesday, Aug. 4, another important local vote is coming soon for residents of Neshoba County.
Glitch Delaying Benefits for Some Mississippi State Retirees
- A computer glitch has delayed benefits for some newly retired former state employees in Mississippi.
Some Counties Agree to Keep Inmates without Reimbursement
- More than a dozen counties, including Lauderdale, have agreed to continue using state inmates in a work program without reimbursement from the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
Northwest Mississippi Mayor Indicted
- The Mississippi Attorney General's Office says the mayor of Lambert, Miss., has been indicted on charges of statutory rape and gratification of lust.
Politicking at the Neshoba County Fair
- Political speeches are an integral and popular part of the Neshoba County Fair.
Hosemann Calls for Investigation of Campaign Mailers
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann is calling for an investigation of some election literature that has been mailed before the Tuesday primary election.
More WTOK Political Headlines