ABC National Election Coverage
WTOK Political Headlines
Carmichael Intends to Run Again in 2015
- A local state senator says he is pretty much back to full health after a fall earlier this year had him in the hospital for weeks.
Childers Contrasts His Record with Cochran's
- The Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in Mississippi included Meridian in a push toward the Nov. 4 election.
O'Hara Says Unseating Cochran His Goal
- Senatorial candidate, Shawn O'Hara, has run a low-budget campaign to this point. But he made a campaign stop in Meridian Thursday to talk about his candidacy.
Fired Neshoba Workers Had Massive Overtime Pay
- The salaries of three former Neshoba County employees, who are key figures in a state auditor's investigation, during fiscal year 2014 included over $65,000 in overtime pay.
Cochran, Childers Speak at Mississippi Hobnob
- U.S. Senate candidates, Thad Cochran and Travis Childers, spoke to a group of Mississippi business leaders.
Voting Machines Tested
- Final preparations are underway to make sure your vote counts during next week's general election.
Secretary of the Interior Visits Choctaw Schools
- U.S. Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell visited Choctaw tribal schools in Mississippi Wednesday.
Mississippi Supervisor Killed in ATV Accident
- Authorities say DeSoto County Supervisor Harvey Wayne Lee of Hernando died in an all-terrain vehicle accident.
Absentee Voting Deadline in Mississippi
- Saturday is the deadline for qualified voters to cast an absentee ballot in Mississippi for the Nov. 4 general election.
Former Surgeon General Visits UWA
- Former U.S. Surgeon General, Dr. Regina Benjamin, visited the campus of the University of West Alabama Tuesday.
Former Mississippi First Lady Dies
- Carroll Waller, the widow of former Mississippi Gov. Bill Waller, Sr., has died.
State Sen. Phillip Gandy Hospitalized in Chile
- Mississippi state Sen. Phillip Gandy is hospitalized in South America after doctors found blood clots in one of his legs.
O'Hara Positions Self as Senate Protest Vote
- Shawn O'Hara of Hattiesburg is running a low-budget campaign in the U.S. Senate race in Mississippi.
MDOT Stops Use of Questioned Guardrails
- State transportation officials are investigating where faulty guardrails may have been installed along Mississippi roadways.
City Close to Awarding Bid for Drainage Project
- A project to fix drainage issues for part of downtown Meridian could start within a matter of weeks.
More WTOK Political Headlines