ABC National Election Coverage
WTOK Political Headlines
GOP Senators Put Charter Schools, Prison Reform on Agenda
Posted: 6:22 PM
- Alabama Senate Republicans say charter schools, prison reform and state agency consolidation are among their priorities for the upcoming legislative session.
Speaker Says Mississippi Would Not Lose Money with Tax Phase-Out
Updated: 2:46 PM
- House Speaker Philip Gunn says Mississippi would never lose money under a long-term proposal to phase out the state income tax.
Mississippi Judge Rules on Google Request
Posted: 11:11 AM
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood's attempt to investigate Google is on hold for at least four more months.
Memorial for Former House Speaker Set for Tuesday
Updated: 12:22 PM
- A memorial service is set for former Mississippi House Speaker Tim Ford, who died of a heart attack Friday in Oxford. He was 63.
Barbour to Lead Butler Snow Economic Development Firm
Posted: 10:51 AM
- Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is among the leaders of a new economic development firm formed by Ridgeland-based Butler Snow LLP.
Former Newton County Deputy Randy Patrick Speaks Out
- Former Newton County Deputy Randy Patrick says he isn't mad at Sheriff Jackie Knight for firing him, over running for Newton County Sheriff.
Lauderdale County 2015 Candidates
- Here is a list of all candidates who qualified for office in Lauderdale County for the 2015 voting cycle. The candidates are sorted by office and the position they are running for.
Third Grade Teachers Prepare for Literacy Test
- Third grade teachers across the state of Mississippi are making preparations for April's literacy test.
McDaniel to Seek Third Term in State Senate
- Republican Sen. Chris McDaniel, who lost a controversial U.S. Senate race last year, says he's seeking re-election to the Mississippi Legislature.
If Court Says No, Insured Would Miss Insurance Subsidies
- Millions of Americans have a big personal stake in next Wednesday's Supreme Court challenge to the nation's health care law.
Mississippi Justices Dislike Delay in Gay Divorce Ruling
- Two Mississippi Supreme Court justices say the court should find the state's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional and not wait for a gay marriage ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court.
Candidates Jump into Mississippi Congressional Race
- Three candidates, so far, say they're running for an open U.S. House seat in north Mississippi. A fourth candidate suddenly dropped out of the race.
Marengo County Gets Computer Grant
- A grant of $9,894 has been awarded to the Marengo County Commission to equip sheriff's patrol cars with new computers.
Bill to Phase Out State Income Tax Passes House
- The Mississippi House has passed a bill to phase out the state income tax during the next 15 years if the economy grows.
Alabama Religious Groups Support Chief Justice
- Supporters who rallied around Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore during his 2003 Ten Commandments fight are backing him again in his stand against gay marriage.
More WTOK Political Headlines