Church Leaders Wants New Immigration Law Repealed

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

Several leaders of the Roman Catholic, United Methodist and Episcopal churches in Alabama have written Alabama's governor, saying that they are praying he will show "great political courage" and support repeal of Alabama's immigration law.

The church leaders sent the letter Monday to Gov. Robert Bentley and made a copy public.

They said, short of repeal, they pray the governor will work for revisions in what they call "an unjust and unfair law."

Those signing the letter include Roman Catholic Archbishop Thomas Rodi, Episcopal Bishop Henry Parsley, and United Methodist Bishop William Willimon.

A spokeswoman for the governor said she had not yet seen the letter.

• by Your wrong on Dec 19, 2011 at 08:41 PM
    Whats unfair is that Catholics have been allowed to shield their molesting priests from real prosecution. There is no where in the bible that suggests a man be whiteout wife.... You ae creating pedophiles! Not to mention Jesus never said to repent to man... Your prayers to peter and paul (although great men) are men. Jesus and no priest can save you from sin. Not even Mary who is of this world. Wake up.. the Catholic church and man made these rules. Find me biblical passages saying pray to a man deemed a saint. Its not there.
      by Mark on Dec 20, 2011 at 12:26 PM in reply to Your wrong
      You better think again Daniela. Have you ever been to the emergency room? I have to pay for my treatment illegals get treated and pay nothing. So in turn I get to pay for mine and their treatment. I see you are from CA. They have bankrupted your state government. One other thing I DO WAKE UP AT 5 IN THE MORNING. I work at least 12 hours a day. I am on call 24/7 so don't tell me about hard work. I work hard to feed my family and pay taxes. Which alot of illegals don,t pay taxes they work for cash. I will not let someone work for me or on my property if they are not legal residents or aleins. If someone enters the country LEGALLY I have no problem with that. As far as the drug problems it will get worse as long as the flood of illegals goes unchecked.
  • by Daniela Location: Ca, Fresno on Dec 19, 2011 at 08:23 PM
    Unfair illegal aliens don't get any help from the gov. Like Americans do they don't get income tax like we do, They don't get any help. You guys are teaching your children that just because they don't got papers they got no rights. That's unfair would you wake up at 5 in the morning to work in the fields I don't think so! Drug problems in Mexico are really bad for many reasons don't just blame it on Mexicans it could happen any where, any time.
      by proud Americian on Dec 29, 2011 at 04:11 PM in reply to Daniela
      Are you for real? It's unfair that illegal aliens don't get any goverment help? Your _________. They are illegal! That's why they don't get help. And, they don't get income tax because they don't pay taxes. There's no more of a clear way to put that. And to let you know, I do get up at 5 am. I go to school full time and work at a hospital full time to total 16 hours a day of work and saving lives. Most of which are illegals. And, yes, our children should be taught that you have no rights when your stupid and want to do thing the wrong ways. You should be stoned.
  • by Mark Location: Laurel on Dec 19, 2011 at 03:14 PM
    What is umfair? It is unfair for working Americans to support illegal aleins. That is unfair. It is unfair for the teachers and other school officials not to turn in illegal aleins. What is that teaching our children about obeying the laws of our country? If we keep letting ourselves be invaded from South America our country will be just like Mexico. Do you want drug gangs ruling your city or county? WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      by Charles Foster Offdensen on Dec 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM in reply to Mark
      Wake up Mark, criminals already pull all of the strings in city/county government.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135868008 - wtok.com/a?a=135868008