The Mississippi Department of Transportation plans to begin a chip seal operation Tuesday that will affect five counties in total, including Kemper and Noxubee.
A thin film of heated asphalt liquid is sprayed on the road surface, followed by the placement of small aggregates, or chips. The chips are then compacted to orient the chips for maximum adherence to the asphalt, and excess stone is swept from the surface. The process is intended to extend pavement life and provide a good driving surface.
Motorists are strongly encouraged to pay close attention to all signs, workers and equipment, and to expect delays.
Tentative Route Schedule:
· Kemper County: Hwy 498 From US 45 to RR Tracks: 1 mile 1-day
· Kemper County: Hwy 39 From DeKalb to Noxubee C/L: 10.5 miles 5-days
· Noxubee County: Hwy 39 From Kemper C/L to Hwy 21: 4 miles 2-days
· Kemper County: Hwy 21 From Preston to Noxubee C/L: 4.8 miles 3-days
· Madison County: Hwy 17 From Hwy 43 to US 51: 13.2 miles 7-days
· Leake County: Hwy 429 From EOM to Attala C/L: 10.6 miles 6-days
· Leake County: Hwy 500 From Hwy 13 to Hwy 487: 5.8 miles 3-days
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.