ABC National Election Coverage
WTOK Political Headlines
State Auditor Releases Lauderdale County Annual Audit
Posted: 6:49 PM
- The Office of the Mississippi State Auditor has released Lauderdale County's annual financial audit for the year ending Sept. 30, 2013.
Special Needs Bill Passes Senate Committee
Posted: 10:59 AM
- A bill increasing education options for students with disabilities passed the Mississippi Senate Education Committee Tuesday, according to Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves.
Congressman Harper Addresses American Issues
- Congressman Gregg Harper says gas prices are low thanks to private sector, not the Obama Administration.
Volunteers Gather Signatures in Meridian to Legalize Marijuana
- A group of local volunteers are gathering signatures in support of Initiative 48, which will legalize marijuana if passed.
Harper's Reaction to the State of the Union
- Congressman Gregg Harper says Republicans and Democrats have a difference of opinion, following President Obama's State of the Union.
Harper Says Program to Help Special Needs Kids
- Cong. Gregg Harper visited special needs kids in Quitman Friday, as they enjoyed a 4-H Livestock Show.
Expansion Planned for Children's Hospital
- University of Mississippi Medical Center officials say they're planning a $150 million expansion of Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital.
McDaniel Traveling Mississippi to Promote PAC
- State Sen. Chris McDaniel is traveling Mississippi promoting a political action committee he formed after losing a 2014 U.S. Senate race.
Councilmen Want Time Frame for DuPree
- Two Hattiesburg councilmen have asked for a modified court order that would require Mayor Johnny DuPree to bring forward administrative candidates within 30 days.
Mississippi House Passes Low-Impact Common Core Bills
- The Mississippi House is moving forward with a pair of bills that may immunize its members against controversy over Common Core State Standards.
Alabama Unemployment Rate Drops to 6-Year Low
- Alabama's unemployment rate has dropped to 5.7 percent in December, the lowest rate in more than six years.
Artur Davis Running For Mayor
- Former U.S. Rep. Artur Davis is entering the race for mayor of Montgomery, Ala.
Inspection Sticker Bill Heads to Senate
- A bill that would eliminate the $5.00 inspection sticker in Mississippi has passed its first hurdle.
Roy Noble Lee Dies at 99
- Roy Noble Lee, who served 16 years on the Mississippi Supreme Court and retired as chief justice in 1993, has died at his home in Forest.
Mississippi Lawmaker Proposes Changing Open Meetings Act
- Open meeting advocates say new proposed legislation in the Mississippi Senate will redefine a public meeting, making it easier for government bodies to conduct business in private.
More WTOK Political Headlines