ABC National Election Coverage
WTOK Political Headlines
Collinsville Day Features Many Political Candidates
- Several Lauderdale County Candidiates running for office, were featured at the annual Collinsville Day Saturday.
Chris Epps' Wife Hopes to Keep Forfeited Assets
- The wife of a former Mississippi prison chief who pleaded guilty in a multi-million dollar bribery scheme has hired an attorney to try to keep property her husband has agreed to forfeit.
Holt's Case Continued
- An appeal case for a potential candidate in Lauderdale County is being continued.
County Work Programs Moving to State Centers
- As a way to save money, the Mississippi Department of Corrections plans to end 30 county work release programs and instead move inmates to state centers.
Increasing Gas Tax Makes for Tough Politics, Adviser Says
- The policy director of Transportation for America, Joe McAndrew, says
Mississippi will need strong bipartisan leadership for the "tricky political question" of increasing the gasoline tax to pay for highways, bridges and other transportation needs.
McCullough Named MDA Director
- Gov. Phil Bryant has named Glenn McCullough, Jr., as the new director of the Mississippi Development Authority.
Mississippi House Back to Full Strength
- The Mississippi House is back to its full membership of 122 people.
State Rep. Barker Addresses Rotary Members
- A Mississippi lawmaker talked Wednesday about how the state legislature is using performance-based budgeting.
Dubose Comments on Police, Citizen Relationship
- Meridian's police chief says he hopes an improving relationship with the community will mean avoiding a situation like what has developed in Baltimore.
Committee Conducts Hearing on 'Fetal Heartbeat' Bill
- The Alabama House Health Committee held public hearings on abortion bills including a 'fetal heartbeat' bill that opponents said would ban most abortions.
Mississippi Governor, Israeli Ambassador Promote Trade
- Leaders of Israel and Mississippi say they want to increase what is now a tiny trade between the Magnolia State and Middle Eastern nation, building an economic relationship on top of political ties.
Memorial Remembers Winston County Tornado Victims
- Victims of a devastating tornado were remembered at a memorial service Tuesday in Winston County.
Alabama Supreme Court Upholds Payday Loan Database
- The Alabama Supreme Court has ruled that the state Banking Department can establish a payday loan database to enforce an existing $500 limit on how much people can borrow at one time from the short-term lenders.
Nissan Donates $500,000 to Mississippi History Museums
- Nissan Motor Co. is donating $500,000 to help fund exhibits and a dining area at two Mississippi history museums being built in downtown Jackson.
Special Mayoral Election Tuesday in Biloxi
- Voters go to the polls Tuesday to decide which of 10 candidates will be Biloxi's next mayor.
More WTOK Political Headlines