1 pumpkin (about 2 lbs.)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 ground ginger
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp. each ground cloves and ground allspice
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Roll out flaky pastry for bottom of crusts and use to line tow 9” pie plates.
2. Blind bake until partially baked.
3. Place pie shells on a baking sheet. Divide filling between two crusts.
4. Bake 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake until filling is set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (about 40 minutes).
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 6-8 servings